A powerful, flexible matrix programming language for interactive and exploratory data analysis.
Easily translate mathematical formulas into innovative programs for matrix computations, numerical analysis, optimization, simulation, statistics and data analysis.
Program easily and efficiently.
Simple syntax and an extensive function library make it easy to translate mathematical formulas into statistical programming statements. You can implement custom analyses for a variety of applications and even build your own module library. Share your programs and libraries by writing packages, and download programs written by others.
Interactively perform exploratory analysis.
Graphically explore data to spot hidden patterns, uncover relationships among variables, understand outliers and identify unusual features in the data. Dynamically linked graphics enable you to select observations in one graph and see those same observations highlighted in all other views of the data.
Run optimizations and simulations.
Find optimum values for objective functions, subject to constraints. Simulate data, solve linear systems and perform matrix computations. And there's no need to declare or allocate storage for a data matrix, because SAS IML software does this automatically.
Try the latest SAS Viya capabilities.
Get a free, 14-day trial of SAS Viya, which includes SAS IML, as well as capabilities for the entire analytics life cycle.
Understand relationships in complex data using exploratory data analysis. SAS IML software includes hundreds of functions for implementing specialized analyses and algorithms, with the ability to code from open source languages.
High-level programming language
Lets you take a programming approach to matrix-oriented operations and analysis.
Accessible, cloud-enabled in-memory engine
Uses the SAS Viya platform, providing high availability, fast in-memory processing, the ability to code from open source languages and native cloud support.
Supports matrix operations, solving linear systems and matrix decompositions.
Includes built-in functions for numerical linear algebra, root-finding algorithms, integrals and derivatives, differential equations and interpolation.
Enables linear programming and mixed-integer linear programming.
Lets you simulate from dozens of built-in distributions – including univariate, multivariate and time series models – and program custom simulations, including regression and spatial models.
SAS Viya's architecture is compact, cloud-native and fast. Whether you prefer to use the SAS Cloud or a public or private cloud provider, you'll be able to make the most of your cloud investment.
Available on Your Preferred Cloud Provider
Conquer all your analytics challenges with faster decisions in the cloud.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS IML.
- SAS® Econometrics Model, forecast and simulate complex economic and business scenarios using huge amounts of observational data.
- SAS® OptimizationUse a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques for identifying actions that will get the best results, while operating within resource limitations and other relevant restrictions.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsDiscover and explore relationships in data, and share insights.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of trustworthy forecasts, quickly and automatically, using time series and machine learning techniques.
- SAS® Visual StatisticsEasily build and adjust huge numbers of predictive models on the fly.
- SAS® Viya®Get the power of SAS in one easy-to-use solution with the speed and convenience of being entirely cloud native.