Transform data into the best decisions
Recent Analytics Insights
- The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- AI in banking: Survey reveals factors for successWhat do banking executives report about their experiences with AI? Where are they focusing today? What’s working? What are their plans for the future?
- What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
- Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- IoT in healthcare: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened healthcare systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in healthcare.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- A guide to machine learning algorithms and their applicationsDo you know the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning? How about the difference between decision trees and forests? Or when to use a support vector algorithm? Get all the answers here.
- Big data in educationA recent MIT Sloan Management report highlights how businesses are using analytics as a source of innovation -- so are universities, says SAS' Georgia Mariani.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new worldWhat is the interplay between man and machine in a brave new world with AI?
- 3 steps for AI ethicsWill artificial intelligence benefit humanity or usher in a series of unintended consequences? AI ethics may be one way to ensure artificial intelligence is used for good.
- Nerd in the herd: protecting elephants with data scienceA passionate SAS data scientist uses machine learning to detect tuberculosis in elephants. Find out how her research can help prevent the spread of the disease.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- Meet the data scientist: Kristin CarneyWhen Kristin Carney graduated with a BS in mathematics, she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her degree. That’s when she began researching data science.
- Meet the data scientist: Daymond LingDaymond Ling believes the right personal traits are more important than technical skills when it comes to being a successful data scientist.
- Meet the data scientist: Colin NugterenData scientist and CAO Colin Nugteren says while every day is different, one thing remains the same. He ends each day with SAS® Visual Analytics.
- Using data to change the worldApplying data science for social good has led to new and creative ways to address issues related to education, poverty, health, human rights, the environment and more.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox