Become data-driven, and make better decisions using data you can trust.
Boost productivity and work more efficiently.
No matter where your data is stored – from cloud, to legacy systems, to data lakes, like Hadoop – SAS Data Management helps you access the data you need. Create data management rules once and reuse them, giving you a standard, repeatable method for improving and integrating data – without additional cost.
Collaborate easily with other teams.
As an IT expert, it's easy to get entangled in tasks outside your normal duties. SAS Data Management enables your business users to update data, tweak processes and analyze results themselves, freeing you up for other projects. Plus, a built-in business glossary as well as SAS and third-party metadata management and lineage visualization capabilities keep everyone on the same page.
Use one seamless technology and be confident your data is ready for action.
SAS Data Management technology is truly integrated, which means you’re not forced to work with a solution that’s been cobbled together. All our components – from data quality to data federation technology – are part of the same architecture. And we’re experts at making sure data is prepared for visualization, analytics or operational use. We promote data quality, transparency and accountability. Built-in auditing tools monitor processing. And source data lineage enables you to trace data usage across the organization.
Support data fabrics.
SAS Data Management gives you the perfect balance of choice and control, enabling you to run in a variety of compute environments with virtually any data – from new computer tiers (Spark, MapReduce, Presto), files systems (S3, Parquet, Avro, Orc) and databases (MongoDB, RedShift, Cassandra) to existing database systems (Teradata, Oracle, SAP). Deploy your ETL flows to run in multiple computing frameworks. Reuse ETL and data quality processes to ensure consistent, trusted data and prevent new silos from developing. Combine batch data with data in motion to glean new insights for calls to action, with real-time alerts and notifications.
Efficiently manage metadata.
Store and manage technical, business, process and administrative metadata to facilitate reuse of existing table definitions, business rules and more. Mapping technologies make it easy to propagate column definitions from sources to targets and create automated, intelligent table joins across both SAS and third-party data integration and data modeling tools.
Explore More on SAS® Data Management and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
- Article 5 data management best practices to help you do data rightFollow these 5 data management best practices to make sure your business data gives you great results from analytics.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
Check out these products related to SAS Data Loader for Hadoop, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.