The utility industry struggles with many of the same IT issues as any other industry, including:
- Infrastructure scalability requirements.
- The need to modernize applications.
- The pressure to deliver more relevant, personalized customer experiences.
All of this is complicated by rigid compliance and security standards. In addition, rising pressure from disruptive renewable and retail energy providers have utilities turning toward technology to stay competitive.
How SAS® Can Help
With SAS, you can use utility analytics in the cloud to improve your decision making – regardless of your organization's level of analytical maturity – with a secure, dependable infrastructure that gives you peace of mind while enabling you to:
- Analyze and understand customer needs and expectations in order to enhance the customer experience.
- Adopt a customer experience analytics foundation that spans all data, analytics and decisioning needs.
- Establish a unified, agile, end-to-end platform that enables fast big data analysis for improving the customer experience and producing real business value.
- Make analytics available to everyone so every team member can apply analytical techniques to daily work.
SAS has the experience and expertise to deliver cutting-edge utility analytics via the cloud securely, in the way that works best for your utility:
- Software as a service (SaaS). Our SaaS offerings are ready to use out of the box and are customizable to meet changing requirements. We also provide standardized, off-the-shelf SaaS offerings available for immediate use, with no customization.
- SAS managed offeriengs. Take advantage of cutting-edge SAS technology with maximum uptime, managed by us on your site or ours.
- SAS software deployed in public or private clouds. We offer multiple ways to deploy SAS in public or private clouds, including deployment patterns like Docker containers, Kubernetes for orchestration or support for Cloud Foundry.
- Cloud-specific SAS offerings. SAS works with major cloud infrastructure providers like Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Oracle to streamline SAS deployments in public clouds. We also partner with several managed analytic service providers (MASPs) that offer cloud-based solutions for specific industries, including utilities.
- Customer Story Partnership delivers powerful lessons for energy retailer Red Energy uses SAS Results to help launch its battery and solar operation
- Blog Post Getting Started With SAS for Containers
- Solutions Page Microsoft Azure y SAS SAS y Microsoft simplifican el uso de la analítica para formular y responder las preguntas que hacen evolucionar a las organizaciones.
Cloud Solutions for Utilities
- CloudInnovate with analytics faster in the cloud, which removes any barriers to adoption and puts data and analytics at your fingertips.
- Multichannel Marketing Hub | SAS® Customer Intelligence 360Individualice cada interacción con el cliente en tiempo real con un moderno centro de marketing multicanal.