How SAS Helps States Combat Unemployment Insurance Fraud
SAS helps unemployment agencies ensure the integrity of their unemployment benefits programs by detecting unemployment insurance fraud faster without jeopardizing legitimate payments to individuals.
Detect Fraud Faster
Quickly detect high-impact unemployment insurance fraud that may indicate organized crime or identity theft rings.
Prevent More Fraud
Gain a networked view of risk for unemployment insurance fraud to identify patterns hidden in huge volumes of unemployment claims data.
Identify highly suspicious claims in real time using a combination of network analytics, machine learning techniques, and domain expertise from working with unemployment agencies across multiple states.
Reduce false positives so your limited resources can focus on the highest priority cases and efficiently deliver benefit payments to those in need.
Save Taxpayer Dollars
Use state-of-the art advanced analytics and AI to help prevent and detect more fraud and save millions of taxpayer dollars.
SAS Payment Integrity for Social Benefits
A single, end-to-end framework uses multiple techniques – automated business rules, predictive modeling, text mining, exception reporting, network link analysis, etc. – to better identify unemployment fraud and stop payments before they are made. Precise targeting dramatically reduces false positives, ensuring that the people who need unemployment benefits receive them without delay.
Why choose SAS for unemployment fraud detection?
Battling unemployment insurance fraud demands a proven approach that gets fast results. SAS advanced analytics and artificial intelligence can help, by identifying anomalies and patterns faster to collectively expose suspicious claims and risks. This could keep billions out of the wrong hands – and ensure benefits for those who need them most.
Get a rapid return on investment.
- Improve productivity and efficiency with an easy-to-use interface that enables your staff to handle more cases and focus on high-priority fraud investigations.
- Reduce the impact on your IT staff with options for a cloud-based solution.
Take a hybrid approach to unemployment insurance fraud detection.
- Stay on top of new and emerging unemployment insurance fraud schemes with analytical models that are continuously updated and improved based on results from across states and agencies.
- Easily integrate data from disparate sources – state income tax records, incarceration data, national directory of new hires, workers’ compensation, business licensing and more – to gain a holistic view.
Boost the productivity and efficiency of your staff.
- Combine all information on claimants and associated claims across multiple employer accounts into a consolidated view that enables you to spot linked entities and crime rings you would otherwise miss. This saves valuable time and enables faster action.
- Speed up investigations by integrating data from multiple sources into a single interface.
- Incorporate tips and leads from multiple systems into the solution. A universal search feature puts all relevant data at your fingertips, even if you only have a single address or phone number as a starting point.