How SAS® Supports Risk Governance
Solid risk governance that helps ensure models are always up to the task, addressing regulatory mandates and avoiding potentially disastrous losses.
Whether you're modeling enterprise risk or running stress tests, reliable results depend on fully governed processes. In today's firms, the CEO, board of directors and executives across all lines of business share accountability for risk governance. That's because good governance goes beyond compliance and risk avoidance to help ensure optimal business outcomes.
Data & model governance
- SAS offers unique analytics leadership with orchestration, modeling and reporting platforms that enable fast, efficient data analysis.
- Our model governance solutions automatically document the entire model life cycle – from data integrity and business rules, to model usage and validation.
- Only SAS provides comprehensive model governance that includes intuitive, self-service reporting and visualization.
- Visualize network maps to see how models are interconnected, or heat maps to reveal critical risks that need immediate attention.
- Design and deploy on-demand reports, and receive automated mobile alerts across any hierarchy and level of granularity on the fly.
Transparent model risk management
- A centralized model inventory includes workflow management and documentation.
- Quickly access all the information you need about your firm’s models in one central location, regardless of the software used in development.
- SAS makes it easier for users, management, auditors and regulators to understand model assumptions, performance, design and criticality across all geographies and lines of business.
Well-governed stress testing
- Whether you're performing stress tests for CCAR or against your credit portfolio for IFRS 9, SAS offers a comprehensive, streamlined approach to qualitative assessments that require you to track complex analytics job flows.
- Beyond compliance, SAS enables you to govern scenario-based analytics that benefit the business – from capital planning to balance sheet immunization.
Why choose SAS® for risk governance?
SAS provides an integrated governance and compliance environment for standardizing and managing strategic, operational and model risk.
Working Smarter With Risk Governance From SAS
Recommended Solutions for Risk Governance
- SAS® Risk StratumAdopt a risk foundation that delivers three tiers of capabilities to match your needs, with each level building on the previous one to form a complete risk management foundation.
- SAS® Model Risk ManagementSignificantly reduce your model risk, improve your decision making and financial performance, and meet regulatory demands with comprehensive model risk management.
Explore More on Risk Governance & Beyond
- Analyst Report SAS is a category leader in Chartis RiskTech Quadrant for Model Risk Management, 2021SAS is a category leader in Chartis RiskTech Quadrant for Model Risk Management, 2021.
- White Paper Compete and win with better model risk managementAs explored in this paper, models can degrade over time, and sound model risk management (MRM) is the key to managing this risk.