How SAS® Delivers Supply Chain Analytics
End-to-end supply chain scenario planning spans organizational silos to optimize production plans, supplier collaboration and freight logistics – all based on the world's best forecasting solution.
Cloud native forecasting for companies of any size
- Automatically generate statistically driven, weighted consensus forecasts.
- Monitor forecast performance to understand value added or lost at each step.
- Use out-of-the-box modeling strategies with predefined models.
Multiechelon inventory optimization
- Manage production and logistics to match fluctuating customer needs and changing marketplace dynamics.
- Calculate optimal inventory policies using multiechelon optimization with state-of-the-art simulation.
- Use predictive modeling and what-if analysis to determine how different variables will affect the supply/demand balance.
Integrated transportation management
- Align transportation capacity to the specific needs of your demand plan.
- Optimize on-time/in-full delivery performance to improve customer service and reduce penalties.
- Gain real-time visibility to standing and in-motion inventories, reducing raw material and finished goods needs.
Get to Know Supply Chain Analytics From SAS
Why choose SAS for supply chain analytics?
Sense market signals that shape – and help you predict – demand. Unify data from across your organization and beyond. Then optimize responses throughout the supply chain.
Connect customer & supply chain intelligence
Seamlessly bring together market and consumer drivers, such as syndicated scanner data and social media sentiment, with machine learning models to connect shopper engagement to product demand.
Avoid under- or over-stocking inventory
Get near-real-time insight into supply and demand dynamics. Calculate optimal multiechelon inventory policies before the fact using what-if event simulation.
Achieve better planning outcomes
Use time-series and machine learning forecasting that considers intermittent demand, new product launches and dropped items. Let the solution choose the best algorithms or build your own with SAS or open source models.
Working Smarter With SAS
A Multinational Appliance Manufacturer
SAS helped the company:
- Replace manual spreadsheet forecasts with an automated solution that helped reduce inventory by more than 12% and boost revenue by 1%.
- Optimize inventory throughout its North American factories, keeping product availability above 93%, versus 63% the previous year.
- Achieve higher service levels and lower levels of working capital.
Related SAS Retail & Consumer Goods Solutions
View recommended supply chain analytics solutions
- SAS® Intelligent Planning SuiteAccurately forecast shopper and consumer demand by creating seamless merchandise and demand plans.
- SAS® Intelligent Planning CloudEnsure on-shelf availability through a hyperaccurate demand planning service.
- SAS® Intelligent DecisioningEnable analytically driven real-time interactions, and automate operational business decisions at scale.
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.
- SAS® Customer Intelligence 360Find more profitable growth opportunities and amplify your marketing initiatives.
- SAS® Analytics for IoTDrive innovation, efficiencies and results by putting powerful IoT analytics with embedded AI and industry-leading streaming capabilities in users' hands.
- SAS® for Cold Chain IntegrityEnsure cold chain integrity to maintain product quality, minimize losses and avoid potential regulatory violations.