How SAS Delivers Better Fraud & Financial Crimes Compliance
Enhanced fraud detection. Efficient, effective investigations. Consolidated suspicious activity monitoring and reporting. Proactive protection through advanced analytics, AI, machine learning and regtech technologies.
- Adopt an advanced strategy for detecting suspicious transactions in areas such as AML, CFT sanctions screening and beneficial ownership.
- Take a risk-based approach using hybrid analytics to manage alerts, test scenarios, respond faster to evolving risks and comply with banking regulations.
Know your customer
- Rate new customers and update customer scoring based on key events that could affect the overall risk of your customer relationships.
- Review events automatically.
- Perform continuous monitoring.
- Manage risk attributes with speed and agility.
- Conduct thorough analyses with fewer resources.
- Find fraud early through embedded machine learning capabilities that adapt to changes in customer transactions and behavior.
- Address the proliferation of identity theft and synthetic identities.
- Find more fraud and reduce false positives by processing all data – in real time or in batch – using a powerful fraud analytics engine with embedded AI and machine learning techniques.
- Arm your firm with a layer of business-relevant cyberanalytics that heightens the intelligence of existing security infrastructures.
- Find hidden patterns and relationships suggesting malicious activity in real time.
- Make better, faster business decisions about cyberrisks.
How does the second-largest direct bank in Germany better serve customers online while protecting them from fraud?
SAS helps Deutsche Kreditbank:
- Gain a complete view of fraud.
- Detect the most complex fraud scenarios and signals.
- Seamlessly coordinate the processing of possible fraud cases.
- Keep the number of false positives as low as possible.
How does a global systemically important bank (G-SIB) in Iceland use analytics to power its anti-money laundering efforts?
SAS helped Landsbankinn:
- Meet regulatory demands for anti-money laundering safeguards.
- Significantly reduce false positives from about 1,000 per day to 100.
- Reduce time and complexity of corporate reporting efforts and provide more visually engaging, self-service reports.
How does the second-largest direct bank in Germany better serve customers while protecting them from fraud?
SAS helped Deutsche Kreditbank AG:
- Gain a complete view of fraud to detect the most complex fraud scenarios and signals.
- Offer a particularly high standard of safety combined with fast and innovative customer service.
- Adopt a platform so effective that the compliance department changed from a cost center to a profit center.
- Implement a system that not only enables Workplace 4.0 in the area of compliance, but also improves the efficiency of many of the bank's units.
Related Products & Solutions
- CybersecurityStrengthen your cybersecurity to support business growth.
- SAS® Anti-Money LaunderingTake a risk-based approach to monitoring transactions for money laundering and terrorist financing activities.
- SAS® Customer Due DiligenceRate new customers and update existing customer scores based on key events and new information.
- SAS® Detection and Investigation for BankingFind and stop organized and first-party application and payments fraud with a single, end-to-end solution.
- SAS® Financial Crimes AnalyticsModernize your existing AML solution by operationalizing AI and machine learning in the cloud.
- SAS® Fraud ManagementDetect, prevent and manage fraud enterprisewide in real time – from a single platform.
- SAS® Visual InvestigatorAddress a wide variety of intelligence analysis and investigation management needs with speed and precision.