Future Proof Supply Chain Forecasting
SAS helps leading manufacturer to get lead time - delivery equasion right
Happier and more satisfied customers
Daikin gets the right products in the right location in time in a cost effective way
From a supply chain perspective, getting the right products in the right location in time in a cost-effective way is key. That’s how supply chain assures customer satisfaction. Timely delivery is crucial, especially in construction. To improve its forecasting, Daikin adopted a SAS platform.
Daikin’s goals for data analytics
- Continually optimize demand planning and forecasting to better manage and reduce stock
- Establish fluent communication streams with partners and affiliates across the EMEA region
- Have more consolidated reporting and use analytics to better predict future needs
- Have a more standardized approach to supply chain forecasting while being able to extend and grow in different directions – have a future-proof solution
Daikin’s two-way stream
Daikin’s collaboration module works both ways: from HQ to the affiliates and back. This fuels an ongoing dialogue:
- Sales history is available in the system.
- Headquarter adds data on new product introductions, end of life cycle, transition schedules (timing and products), and more.
- The system processes the information and suggests a forecast for the coming period based on built-up intelligence from the past.
- The local affiliates can adjust the proposed forecast considering the automated suggestions and their own market understanding.
- At the end of each month, the forecast accuracy is compared to the actual sales results. This comparison is used to have an ongoing dialogue between the affiliate and HQ.
The result: all become smarter along the way.
SAS gives all of us a uniform, single view. Data input actually works - and feels - a lot like Excel. Because of that, very little change management was needed to get everyone on board. Sophie Counye Manager Supply Chain Planning Daikin Europe
An ongoing journey
Forecast accuracy never ends. Daikin sees growth opportunities in various fields:
- Include more availability data in case of shortages (constraint forecast)
- Extend the analytics offering to other domains and fields
- Link the insights more closely to the actual financial results
- Add more Big Data and data visualization components
The analytics tips of Daikin
- Always go for a long-term solution.
- Externalize your insights.
- Assure executive support.
- Be realistic. Complexity quickly creeps in.
- Build your own internal competence centre - assure your own freedom and flexibility.
Daikin Europe – Facts & Figures
Statistical forecast generator for the complete region
Easier data collection & processing
More satisfied customers
An ongoing forecast stream
Daikin now uses one statistical forecast generator for the complete region:
- Twice a month, every affiliate enters the data, specifying the needs for the coming period.
- Because of the unified system, collecting and processing data has become much easier.
- Via the collaboration module, adjustments and refinements can still be made. After all, statistics need to be interpreted.
- By continually adjusting forecasts, better supply performance can be realised, leading to happier and more satisfied customers.