SAS® Training Points Guidelines
SAS Training Points are sold independently of software under the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Effective Date: July 1, 2019.
- The Customer must designate a representative to serve as the main point of contact who will manage the SAS Training Points account, authorize employee registrations, and help coordinate the purchase of any products or services using SAS Training Points.
- SAS Training Points may be used to (a) register employees for public, Live Web or on-site courses; (b) pay the license fees for e-learning and SAS Learning Subscription products; (c) purchase virtual lab time; (d) purchase SAS certification exam vouchers; (e) pay SAS training center rental fees; (f) register for selected conferences, or (g) pay for other preapproved services performed by SAS or products offered by SAS (collectively "SAS Training Points-Eligible Products and Services").
- SAS Training Points-Eligible Products and Services will have varying SAS Training Points assigned to them according to their applicable registration fees, license fees, or standard charges and must be preapproved by the SAS subsidiary in the country in which the SAS Training Points will be redeemed. In addition, any discount applicable to SAS Training Points purchased from one SAS subsidiary but redeemed by another SAS subsidiary will be capped at ten percent (10%).
- The purchase of SAS Training Points or the use of SAS Training Points in certain locations might require payment of additional transactional taxes. This amount is not included in SAS Training Points pricing. SAS will use reasonable efforts to include all taxes applicable to Customer on the relevant invoice and Customer agrees to pay such taxes to SAS; however, Customer is responsible for taxes on its purchase and usage of SAS Training Points. Customer is not responsible for taxes based on SAS' income.
- SAS Training Points expire either 12 or 18 months from the date your account is activated depending on the number of SAS Training Points purchased in a single transaction. GSA Training Points do not expire.
- Class and conference sizes are limited and space is not guaranteed.
- SAS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any and all SAS Training Points-Eligible Products and Services at its discretion. SAS reserves the right to deny training to any party prohibited by applicable law or regulation, including, but not limited to, United States export laws and regulations. SAS is not responsible for airline penalties related to the cancellation of SAS courses or events. Please be aware of all airline restrictions regarding nonrefundable airline tickets when purchasing an airline ticket.
- The SAS Training Points Administrator will issue an account number to the designated contact upon receipt of its SAS Training Points order. Payment terms are net 30 days. Customer may begin using its SAS Training Points as soon as it receives an account number, but not before.
- No other discounts are applicable.
- SAS Training Points fees are nonrefundable.
- For on-site courses, travel expenses for SAS staff are additional. Expenses include round-trip coach airfare; rental car, including gas or local transportation; taxes; hotel and per diem meal expenses.
- The SAS Academic Training Points offer is available to any academic institution, school district, and education-related agency (Customer). Only employees, educators, teachers, students, faculty and staff associated with academic institutions, school districts, and other education-related agencies are eligible for the SAS Academic Training Points program. Proof of affiliation is required.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Public Courses: SAS Training Points may be reinstated to the account if cancellations are received by phone, mail or email at least 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled start date of an event; after that (9 calendar days or less), SAS Training Points accounts will be charged the full number of corresponding SAS Training Points. Substitutions (name changes) are accepted at any time prior to the event. Transfers are accepted up to 24 hours before the event start date and students are allowed one transfer per course registration.
- On-site and private Live Web courses: The Customer may cancel on-site courses without charge if notification is received by SAS by phone or in writing no later than 21 days prior to the course start date. Rescheduling a course less than 21 days prior to course start date is considered a cancellation, and a cancellation fee of 50% of the total fee for the scheduled training will be charged and invoiced separately. Rescheduling a course less than 10 calendar days prior to course start date is considered a cancellation, and a cancellation fee of 100% of the total fee for the scheduled training will be charged and invoiced separately. In addition, if nonrefundable airline tickets have been purchased for SAS personnel with the Customer's approval, Customer will be responsible for the cost of these tickets.