How is inflation highlighting gaps in data literacy?
Join #saschat on #InternationalLiteracyDay and explore how data literacy is critical to understanding important current events, like inflation, which have significant impact on our daily lives.
- Reflecting on the past three years, which topics or trends in the news have you seen subject to misinformation and caused confusion?
- Thinking specifically about inflation, what concepts have you noticed as potentially misunderstood? How would data literacy skills help people better understand these concepts?
- How does inflation impact different people in the world? Why is it critical that everyone have the skills to understand inflation to make informed decisions?
- Data literacy is often described on a continuum; the data skills a data scientist needs are different than a third grader. Where would you map inflation along the data literacy continuum?
- What are your recommendations for anyone wishing to improve their data literacy skills in general, and about inflation specifically?
Meet the panel