At SAS, we're proud to be part of the Data for Good movement, which encourages using data in meaningful ways to solve humanitarian issues around poverty, health, human rights, education and the environment.
That’s why we created GatherIQ™, a crowdsourcing app that brings together the power of SAS® software, the talents of everyday problem-solvers (you!) and the urgent causes of nonprofits around the world. This GatherIQ™ challenge is an opportunity for Australian students to explore data surrounding world events and contribute their specialized skills and knowledge to help the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
How you can help?
WWF needs your help to identify and prioritize where and on what topics conservation learning opportunities are needed. Using your analytic and research skills and knowledge, help WWF optimize its future educational investments, through the Russell E. Train Education for Nature Program (EFN), based on WWF’s Global Goals and Drivers. Using data and graphs provided in GatherIQ and the research links below, WWF seeks your input as to where the program is best aligned and where might it improve.
What's your challenge?
- Select one of WWF’s Global Goals or Drivers. WWF differentiates between having 6 Goals across 3 Drivers (finance, markets, governance) but any of those 9 topics can be selected.
- Go to www.gatheriq.analytics to explore data on the WWF’s educational investments on your selected Global Goal or Driver. You will need to select the “WWF Educational Investments” tile in the GatherIQ app.
- Referencing the graphs on GatherIQ, provide your observations on how WWF’s past and future educational investments, through EFN, have and will support your selected Global Goal or Driver.
- Create and submit a 2-minute video, capturing your comments and data observations, providing background on the Global Goal or Driver selected, and how WWF can best align its future educational investment to address today’s global conservation challenges. Be specific! In which geographic areas and on which topics should WWF increase educational investments? Why? There are points for not only accuracy and relevancy, but also creativity and presentation.
- Help WWF collect more information on conservation learning programs that provide education and training on the Global Goal or Driver that you selected. Select the “Add to our list of conservation learning programs” tile in GatherIQ to see a list of known programs. Please add at least 5 institutions in Africa, Asia, or Latin America (can be either short-term training or degree studies) by completing the templated data form.
- Any PC or Apple iPad/iPhone that supports the GatherIQ application.
- Platform for hosting a video (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, etc.).
Why I should help?
Prizes will be awarded on the 2-minute video.
- 1st: $400 EFTPOS card + GatherIQ water bottles
- 2nd: $200 EFTPOS card + GatherIQ t-shirts
- 3rd: $100 EFTPOS card + GatherIQ pop sockets
- Access to SAS Programming 1 and 2 e-learning courses valued at over $1500 AUD.
- Voucher to sit for the Base SAS Certification Exam at a PearsonVue Centre (near you).
- Chance to participate in our Work Placement Program via RIBIT with your new SAS skills.
- Participation in the WWF Education for Nature program.