Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services
SAS & Amazon Web Services
Enterprise organizations are making strategic decisions on how to best leverage their data and analytic investments. SAS and AWS are uniquely positioned to support these efforts. SAS on AWS allows organizations to deploy open source and SAS models into production quickly (ModelOps), while scaling the infrastructure needed to support the wide variety of analytic compute patterns (DevOps). This combination provides an agile and integrated platform to turn data into actionable insights, helping new and existing users make better decisions that benefit their businesses and their customers.
- Leverage the scalability of AWS services and SAS Viya to put analytic capabilities in the hands of users across the organization through visual interfaces
- Allow users to integrate with open source technologies within a single, flexible environment
- Deploy sandbox environments quickly to test new ideas and lower the cost of experimentation using AWS Quick Start for SAS Viya
- Deploy SAS closer to AWS datastores like Redshift, EMR and Aurora to ensure optimal performance and I/O throughput.
- Migrate SAS on-premises workloads to gain flexibility and cost-effectiveness
- Leverage tested deployment patterns from the AWS ISV Workload Migration Program to remove friction related to migrating workloads
- Target optimal performance through testing of SAS with various EC2 instances, storage environments, and file systems
- Ensure a simplified end-to-end environment, without the need to integrate and manage numerous point solutions
Analytics, Big Data, Data Management, Cloud Computing
Banking & Financial Services, Capital Markets, Communications, Education, Energy & Utilities, Government, Health Care, Life Sciences, Insurance, Manufacturing
AWS ISV Workload Migration Program
The ISV Workload Migration Program (WMP) helps customers migrate ISV workloads to AWS to achieve their business goals and accelerate their cloud journey.
Whitepaper: Best Practices for Deploying SAS Server on AWS
This whitepaper addresses performance considerations and best practices for SAS®9 (SAS® Foundation and SAS Grid Manager) and SAS® Viya® when hosted on AWS.
Experian Customer Video
Experian leverages the scalability and durability of AWS to deliver SAS analytic capabilities.
Experian leverages SAS Viya and Amazon EMR to solve three problems.
- Data scalability – being able to use in-memory processing with horizontal scalability
- The ingestion of large data volumes from Hadoop
- Support for Open Analytics coding including R and Python
CNM is strengthening communities by leveraging SAS Analytics on AWS
Nonprofit consulting firm CNM uses SAS® Visual Analytics on Amazon Web Services to help other nonprofit organizations measure and communicate the impact of their work. Read full story.
T-Mobile realizes $1.5M in annual savings and increases the speed of SAS Grid workloads using Amazon FSx for Lustre
Looking to increase scalability while reducing costs, T-Mobile enlisted the support from Core Compete, a SAS Gold Partner, to deploy their SAS grid workloads Amazon Web Services. The results exceeded expectations.
Orlando Magic grows single game ticket revenue by 91% using an Analytics and Machine Learning Platform from SAS and AWS.
Orlando Magic achieved this using SAS® Visual Analytics, SAS® Visual Statistics and SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning powered by SAS® Viya® on Amazon Web Services.
SAS Grid on AWS Quick Start
SAS Viya on AWS Quick Start
About Amazon Web Services
For 13 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 165 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 66 Availability Zones (AZs) within 21 geographic regions, spanning the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Sweden, and the UK. Millions of customers including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—trust AWS to power their infrastructure, become more agile, and lower costs. AWS is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. To learn more about AWS, visit aws.amazon.com.