SAS® Global Forum 2017 drawing thousands to Orlando, April 2-5
Data innovators and thought leaders converge at world’s largest analytics conference; customizable programs for SAS users and executives
Walt Disney World® Resort is a place where innovation and imagination combine into seemingly endless possibilities. So, too, is the world of advanced analytics, where today’s horizon of discovery seems limited only by one’s vision and ingenuity.
For data pioneers looking to expand their horizons, data knows no boundaries at SAS® Global Forum 2017, April 2-5 in Orlando. The world’s largest analytics conference is expected to attract a crowd of more than 30,000, both on-site and online. Among them, throngs of IT and business pros will pack the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort to network, exchange ideas and explore new ways to extract big value from their
Learning for every role, skill level
For tech devotees, the SAS Global Forum 2017 Users Program is brimming with workshops, breakouts and table talks – more than 600 in all – with topics spanning every role and skill level. New SAS users and seasoned practitioners alike will gain ideas and practical know-how at sessions led by industry leaders like AIG, Equifax, Intel, ING Bank, Johnson & Johnson, Kaiser Permanente, Nielsen, Oberweis Dairy and Vanderbilt University. Inspiring keynotes include:
- Game Changer – The Orlando Magic's Executive Vice President of Strategy, Anthony Perez, outlines how the team is using analytics to transform the fan experience.
- Extreme Leadership – Astronaut Colonel Chris Hadfield intersperses original insights with his own experience as he explores fundamental theories of leadership.
- I Listen to Color – As the world's only cyborg, avant garde artist Neil Harbisson has an antenna implanted in his head that allows him to actually hear the color spectrum.
Leaders learn from leaders
Business leaders, director-level and above, will find the SAS Global Forum 2017 Executive Program provides knowledge and networking second to none. Insights from Accenture, BB&T, CrescentCare Health, Duke Energy, Lenovo, Lockheed Martin, Scripps Networks Interactive, the Auto Club Group and more will embolden executives to transform their visions into action. This year’s thought provoking keynotes include:
- 208 Seconds: A Lifetime of Lessons – Famed “Hero of the Hudson” pilot, Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, reminds audiences that, despite conflict, tragedy and uncertainty, life’s challenges can be met if we’re ready for them.
- How Non-Conformists Move the World – Drawing on his blockbuster book Originals, Adam Grant explores how to recognize and champion new ideas and build cultures that welcome diverse perspectives and honest feedback.
- The Promise and Peril of What's Next – Alec Ross, author of New York Times best-seller The Industries of the Future, describes how big tech drivers of change will influence our future.
Come early or stay late for even more
Attendees can boost their SAS skills by adding pre- or post-conference training to their agendas. Offerings include 23 pre-conference tutorials, 14 pre-conference certification exams and 19 post-conference training courses.
Party, Disney style
What’s a trip to Orlando without a pit stop at the Happiest Place on Earth™? This year’s Kick Back Party offers just that: an invitation to a not-to-be-missed 1930s-style party at Disney's Hollywood Studios® Sunset Boulevard. Attendees will dance the night away, snap selfies with their favorite Disney characters, and enjoy rides and attractions – all open exclusively for SAS Global Forum guests.
Can’t make it to Orlando? Join the conversation and activities online
For SAS Global Forum updates, keep an eye on the following:
- Blogs: Read reports from sessions, view video updates and hear from SAS and customer experts via SAS blogs.
- Twitter: Follow @SASsoftware and the hashtag #SASGF.
- Instagram: Follow @SASsoftware and hashtag #SASGF.
- Facebook: Like SAS Software and SAS Users Group on Facebook to receive updates.
- LinkedIn: Stay tuned about conference events on the SAS company and SAS Users Group pages.
Select sessions and keynotes from the user program will be livestreamed and available on demand. Visit SAS Global Forum 2016 online for on-demand content from last year’s conference.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.