SAS big data analytics sessions, live from Las Vegas, Oct. 26 – 29
Select sessions streamed live from Analytics 2015 and The Premier Business Leadership Series
This week the epicenter of the analytics world is Las Vegas: The Premier Business Leadership Series and Analytics 2015, both presented by SAS, the leader in analytics, take place at Bellagio. Thousands of data scientists, executives and thought leaders will converge today through Thursday, Oct. 29, to discuss the latest in big data analytics, cybersecurity, the Internet of Things and more.
Select sessions and keynotes from both conferences will be streamed live at http://fall2015events.v.sas.com. They include the following sessions (all times PT):
Monday, Oct. 26 (from Analytics 2015)
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. – Keynote by Rick Smolan, photographer and author of The Human Face of Big Data
- 10-10:50 a.m. – Modeling Practices of Operational Risk Forecasting by statistician and risk leader WenSui Liu and Mircea Pigli of Fifth Third Bank
- 11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m. – Using On-Board Technologies to Improve Maintenance Practices in Airlines by Alex Mannella, partner in PwC’s Information and Analytics Practice, and Kumar Satyam of PwC’s analytics team
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – SAS Talks: Opportunities and Innovations in Analytics, featuring Jack Levis, Senior Director of Process Management at UPS; Wayne Thompson, Manager of SAS Data Science Technologies; and Jonathan Wexler, SAS Principal Product Manager for Analytics
- 3:10-4 p.m. – How Cox Automotive Leverages Data Science to Help Its Customer Base Move Metal by Jason Groesser, Director of Customer Insights and Innovation at Autotrader, a Cox Automotive Co.
- 4:30-5:20 p.m. – Simulation Approach for Aircraft Spare Engines and Engine Parts Planning by American Airlines Senior Operations Research Consultant Jose Ramirez-Hernandez and Senior Manager of Operations Research and Advanced Analytics Mei Zhang
Tuesday, Oct. 27 (from Analytics 2015)
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. – Keynote by David Pogue, Host of NOVA ScienceNow and Yahoo Tech Columnist
- 10-10:50 a.m. – Text Analytics on Electronic Medical Record Data by Mark Pitts, Chief Analytics and Data Officer and Senior Vice President at Lifetime Healthcare
- 1:30-2:20 p.m. – The Dos and Don’ts of Measuring Forecast Accuracy by Len Tashman, Editor of Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting
- 2:50-3:40 p.m. – The Five Tribes of Machine Learning and What You Can Take From Each, by Pedro Domingos, Professor of Computer Science at the University of Washington
- 3:45-4:15 p.m. – Keynote: Managing the Data Deluge: Analytics at the Edge by Jim Goodnight, CEO of SAS
Wednesday, Oct. 28 (from The Premier Business Leadership Series event)
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. – Executive Insights: Unlock the Value of Big Data with Analytics and Hadoop, featuring Jim Goodnight, CEO of SAS; Herb Cunitz, President of Hortonworks; Mike Olson, Chief Strategy Officer of Cloudera; and Jim Davis, Executive Vice President and CMO of SAS
- 11:15 a.m.-Noon – Keynote: Security in a Connected World by Marc Goodman, global security adviser, futurist and author of Future Crimes
- 1:45-2:30 p.m. – Building an ROI Toolkit for Analytics, featuring Keith Moody, Director of Analytics for Bridgestone Retail Operations; Jack Phillips, co-founder and CEO of the International Institute for Analytics (IIA); and Anthony Volpe, Chief Corporate Analytics Officer at Lenovo
- 2:45-3:30 p.m. – How Smart Organizations Design a Modern Analytics Strategy, featuring Sterling Green, Vice President of Business Information Office, Corporate Treasury and Liquidity Risk Management at SunTrust; Rakshit Kapoor, Senior Vice President and CIO of Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics at Travelers Insurance; and Tim Bates, Adviser for Enterprise Architecture at SAS
- 3:45-4:30 p.m. – Know Your Odds With Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering Compliance, featuring Ben Floyd, AML Officer at Caesars; Kim McCabe, Industry Consultant at KMC LLC; Joe Pappano, Senior Vice President and Managing Director at Vantiv; and Stu Bradley, Director for the SAS Security Intelligence Practice
- 4:45-5:30 p.m. – The Role of Hadoop in Building Advanced Analytics Platforms by Sandeep Gupta, Senior Vice President of Technology for Data Services and Analytics at Equifax
Thursday, Oct. 29 (from The Premier Business Leadership Series event)
10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – SAS Talks: Leading Into the Digital Future, featuring Charlene Li, founder and CEO of the Altimeter Group; Soraya Darabi, co-founder of Zady.com; Riley Crane, Society in Science Senior Postdoctoral Fellow in the Human Dynamics Group at the Media Lab of MIT; and Jill Dyché, Vice President of Best Practices at SAS
Analytics 2015 (Oct. 26 – 27)
Analytics 2015 is a two-day conference for anyone serious about analytics. This annual event brings together more than a thousand professionals, industry experts and leading analytics researchers.
The Premier Business Leadership Series (Oct. 27 – 29)
The Premier Business Leadership Series will bring together hundreds of analytics experts, business and IT executives, data scientists and industry thought leaders to explore new technologies and share best practices. The Series event is designed for an executive-level audience and its specific challenges; attendees must be director level or above.
To view the live sessions streamed from Analytics 2015 and the Series event in Las Vegas, visit http://fall2015events.v.sas.com.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.