Click to view the contribution
Most Welcome to our 2020 Hackathon!
Chief Operating Officer & Chief Technology Officer SAS
Do you have a talent for analyzing data, a passion for sustainability and curiosity for discovering answers and a love for predicting outcomes that are hidden in the data? Would you like to get direct access to the SAS® Viya® in the cloud?
SAS arranges the hackathon competition “Together we can improve sustainability” in association with Intel. The hackathon is open for SAS partners, in teams with customers and students. We invite partners to demonstrate the value of analytics and open data combined with SAS and open source. Use the power of teamwork and bring in different skill sets from your own organization, your customers and students.. We would like to invite you to demonstrate the value of analysis, open data combined with SAS and open source. To use the power of Team work between different skill sets within your organization and your customers.
SAS provides the Viya® software in any of the big public cloud vendors, Azure, Google or AWS cloud for easy access. Add your creativity, skills and data, and build your sustainability showcase based on SAS Advanced Analytics Software and open source.
SAS offers enablement for your team before the hackathon competition starts. In a series of webinars you will meet subject matter experts and have the opportunity to explore the product building blocks in the competition.
|2019-12-01 > 2019-12-31||Prepare your team. |
Registration is now closed.
|2020-01-05 > 2020-01-31||Enablement of your team - Webinars |
SAS software products: Visual analytics, visual statistics, visual data mining & machine learning, Event stream processing, SAS and Open source. Social selling and prepare a video.
|2020-02-01 > 2020-02-28||Hackathon competition starts |
+Make your recordings 3min & 15min showcase presentation
|2020-03-06 > 2020-03-08||Voting and announcement of the Winner|
- The Partner organization is in lead and responsible for all engagements with SAS (single point of contact).
- Partners are responsible for the use case, data and all team members (including customers and students).
- The engagement with potential customer organizations and students, will be managed by the respective Partner.
- The use case must be “new” for the SAS community, or set a new standard – e.g. new code algorithms must be produced.
By the deadline of the hackathon, each team will submit their video recordings of their use case – one 15 minutes longer version and one 3 minutes long. Both versions will be uploaded to this website.
There are two Hackathon Competition series: Nordic respectively EMEA, with one winner in each series.
We have engaged an expert panel as jury who will look to
- Value: Business and/or common good. The “smartness” and usability in relation to a sustainable economy and the implementation of the analytics life cycle.
- The use case shall be connected to one of U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals
The winners get a tailored experience at SAS Executive Briefing Center in Cary.