Are you a high school teacher interested in teaching SAS? SAS offers free workshops throughout the year designed to help you teach high school students the power of analytics.
SAS Programming for High School has given my students a window into the world of data analytic programming. Paige L. Daniels High School Computer Science
How do I register for a workshop?
Enter your email and we will send you more details when the next workshops are available.
What courses are available?
SAS Programming 1 for High School
This course is designed for high school instructors who will be teaching basic SAS programming concepts and tasks, including accessing and manipulating data; producing basic list, summary and statistical reports; creating SAS data sets; combining SAS data sets; creating basic graphs; and querying data using the SQL procedure.
You will learn how to:
- Read a raw data file using the DATA step.
- Navigate the SAS windowing environment.
- Create a list report using a PROC step.
- Create a variable with the DATA step.
- Perform conditional logic with the DATA step.
- Create statistical reports with PROC steps.
- Enhance output.
- Create SAS data sets.
- Combine SAS data sets.
- Produce summary reports, including basic graphs.
- Query data with the SQL procedure.
No SAS experience or programming experience is required. Attendees should have two years of experience teaching at least one other programming language (Visual Basic, C++ or Java, and so on, excluding HTML). In addition, attendees should be able to offer a SAS Programming course in the next academic year on either a traditional or block schedule.
Note: This course addresses Base SAS software.
SAS Programming 2 for High School
This course is designed for high school instructors who will teach their students how to prepare data for analysis. The comparisons of manipulation techniques and resource cost benefits are designed to help student programmers choose the most appropriate technique for their data situation. This course also teaches students how to process SAS data using Structured Query Language (SQL) and how to use the components of the SAS macro facility to design, write and debug macro systems that are reusable and dynamic. Emphasis is placed on understanding how programs with macro code are processed.
You will learn how to:
- Query and subset data.
- Summarize and present data.
- Replace multiple DATA and PROC steps with one SQL query.
- Compare various SAS programming techniques that enable you to control memory, I/O and CPU resources.
- Create and use indexes.
- Combine data horizontally and vertically with the DATA step and SQL joins.
- Compress SAS data sets.
- Perform text substitution in SAS code.
- Automate and customize the production of SAS code.
- Conditionally or iteratively construct SAS code.
- Use macro variables and macro functions.
In order to attend this course, you should have completed the SAS Programming 1 for High School course. Specifically, you should be able to:
- Apply programming logic concepts.
- Create and access SAS data sets.
- Invoke SAS procedures such as SORT, PRINT, MEANS and FREQ.
- Understand the compilation and execution process of the DATA step.
- Read, concatenate, merge and interleave SAS data sets.
- Use data set options such as DROP=, KEEP= and OBS=.
- Use arithmetic, comparison and logical operators.
- Create multiple output data sets.
- Subset data using the WHERE clause.
- Use array processing and DO loops to process data iteratively.
- Use SAS functions to perform data manipulation and transformations.
AP Statistics With SAS University Edition
This course is for AP Statistics teachers. You will learn how to use SAS Studio, a part of SAS University Edition, for data exploration and analysis. Course content aligns with the concepts and statistical tests covered in AP Statistics courses.
You will learn how to use SAS Studio to perform basic statistical tests to:
- Generate descriptive statistics and explore data with graphs.
- Test equality of means.
- Assess and test associations of continuous variables.
- Assess and test associations of categorical variables.
Before attending this course, you should:
- Be familiar with basic statistical concepts.
- Be a high school teacher assigned to teach AP Statistics within the upcoming school year.
Note: This course addresses SAS University Edition software.
You Might Also Be Interested In
- Сообщество SAS Analytics UИнтерактивная среда для общения с пользователями SAS. Задавайте вопросы, делитесь идеями и предложениями.
- Конференция Analytics ExperienceМеждународные конференции SAS: академические секции, скидки на участие.
- Скидки для преподавателейСкидки на курсы учебного центра SAS и сертификацию.
- Сертификация SASSAS предоставляет скидку 50% на сертификационные экзамены студентам, преподавателям и научным сотрудникам.