Senior Business Consultant (Insurance)
SAS Institute LLC is currently looking for an experienced professional for the position of Senior Business Consultant focused on Insurance Industry in Sales Support Department.
As a Presales Insurance Business Consultant, you will support selling and promote world’s leading solutions for Data Monetization and Process Automatization to help Insurance Companies increase effectiveness of underwriting, sales, claims settlement, churn prevention, fraud detection, compliance and other business processes.
- Act as Presales Team Leader during sales cycle.
- Actively contribute to promotion and strategy development for SAS Solutions in the local Insurance market.
- Work in active collaboration with other Departments (Fraud & Security Intelligence, Risk Intelligence, Customer Intelligence, Data Integration and BI, Analytics, Professional Services Department, Education, Marketing, IT, etc.) and Global Practice.
- Sales Support:
- Identify Customer needs, evaluate potential business effect, sketch solution design at Customer meetings.
- Position SAS Solutions through presentations and demonstrations.
- Develop and validate with Customers business cases (value drivers, business case mechanics, ROI/NPV calculation) proving SAS Solutions business value.
- Act as a Project Manager during PoC projects / preparation of workshops and demonstrations: find and manage resources, assist SAS Team in translating Customer business requirements into technical requirements and success criteria (into scenario in case of workshop or demonstration), take part in presenting results to Customers.
- Participate in replies to RFI/RFP, preparation of tender documentation and proposals.
- Help to assure quality and business sense of Customer-facing deliverables developed by SAS Team: align presentations, demonstrations, workshops, PoC/PoV results, tender materials with Customer business objectives and specifics of its business processes.
- Assure SAS Solutions delivering business value to Customers at a post-sale stage.
- Advice Customers and SAS Project Team on best practice in business processes and KPIs during implementation projects.
- Participate in conferences and forums (both held by SAS and other parties).
- Write articles articulating business value of analytics and automatization for Insurance.
- Actively look for business / regulatory tendencies in Insurance industry and translate important trends into ideas for new Insurance Business Products.
- Elaborate on Value Proposition resources for Insurance Business Products (standard ppt, ROI calculator, demonstrations, etc.).
- Identify resources required to promote Insurance Business Products in local market.
- Collect and share internally and with the Customer information about analytical software news and roadmap through conferences, communication with headquarters, internal materials.
- 5+ years work experience.
- Relevant work experience: 2-3 years in Presales, Consulting, Insurance (preferably with focus on Data Science / Business Process Transformation projects).
- Experience of business requirements formulation in IT projects.
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts at fingertips.
- Ability to build, present and defend a business case.
- Critical thinking and high attention to details (ability to think through what other people will think when see / hear a piece of information).
- Ability to see the big picture (entire business cycle of the customer).
- Ability to go deep into details (catch nuances which affect business case viability).
- Ability to quickly structure large volume of information coming from both business and tech guys.
- Ability to meet deadlines even when working on multiple projects.
- Creativity (ability to come up with new ideas in a given area).
- Ability to work in a multinational environment.
- Good (English) writing and communication skills.
Would be a plus:
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of Non-Life Insurance Company business model and business processes.
- Understanding of local Insurance Market trends.
- Working experience with the following tools and solutions would be much appreciated: SAS Solutions, Towers Watson.
- Good understanding of Data Mining / Machine Learning.
- Work experience at Big-3 / Big-4 companies.
- Work experience at Insurance Company.
- Experience of working with Insurance companies / Banks as Customers.