Retail Business Consultant
SAS Institute LLC is currently looking for an experienced professional for the position of Business Consultant focused on Retail Industry in Customer Advisory Department.
As a Customer Advisory Retail Business Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in Retail and CPG sectors to solve some of their most difficult business problems with SAS Retail Solutions.
SAS Retail/CPG Solutions combines innovative technology and advanced analytics with deep business expertise to help our clients make effective decisions. SAS Retail/CPG Solutions help clients to answer critical questions related to cost reduction, revenue and margin increasing, efficiency and effectiveness streamlining in different business areas, including:
- Demand forecasting and shaping
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Integrated Business Planning
- Merchandise financial planning
- Assortment planning and optimization
- Regular price modeling and optimization
- Promotion effectiveness and optimization
- Markdown price optimization
- Inventory optimization and replenishment
- General business analytics and statistics
When you join SAS as a Retail Business Consultant, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. You will work with many experts, from data scientists and researchers to business development experts and R&D team. SAS give the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and expected you to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What you will do
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement. In this role you will be helping clients use technology strategically to change business process and create a competitive advantage with data driven and analytical approach.
Your work will include identifying customer needs, gathering and analyzing information and data, formulating and testing business hypotheses, synthesizing the insights from the analyses, developing business cases based on the synthesis and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You'll have the opportunity to apply your skills as a proven leader with the ability to inspire others, to build strong relationships, and create a true followership. You will be based in Moscow office (Stanislavskogo Str. 21, bild.1) and should be aware that a good deal of the work week will be spent travelling to and working on client sites.
Additionally, you will contribute to our knowledge work and play a pivotal role in the growth of the practice across our Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
- Bachelor's degree required; master’s degree or MBA is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience from leading Retail or CPG companies, preferably including 1-2 years in a leadership role within the business
- Led/played core role in projects in one of the following areas: Integrated Business Planning (IBP), Supply Chain, Demand Forecasting, Inventory Optimization, Strategic Planning, Financial Merchandise Planning, Assortment Management & Optimization, Promo Planning & Optimization, Regular Price Management & Optimization, Markdown Planning & Optimization
- Working knowledge of Retail/CPG business tools, e.g. SAS, Oracle, SAP, JDA, Revionics, TXT, Predictix, would be an advantage
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, communicate complex ideas clearly, gain the respect of clients and colleagues, and work collaboratively
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in Russian and English
- Willingness to travel
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments