(Optimization Data Science)
SAS Institute LLC is seeking an experienced professional for the position of an Analytical Consultant within Platform Practice of Professional Services Department.
As an Analytical Consultant you will provide analytical services to current Customers. You will participate in end-to-end projects, which will include identifying data analysis needs, processing and exploring client data, translating business requirements into analytic methods, building analytic models, developing analysis reports, and presenting reports to Customers. Primary fields are mathematical optimization and forecasting.
- Become proficient in the use of SAS software focusing on SAS/OR, SAS Optimization, SAS/STAT, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Forecast Server and other SAS software related to data analytics.
- Develop optimization and forecasting models and to meet Customer requirements.
- Conduct project requirements gathering.
- Support data acquisition, validation, and management from data sources.
- Become specialist in dedicated business tasks solving using Data Mining and general Analytics.
- Work as a member of a project team.
- Master's degree in Mathematics area.
- Technical knowledge of Data Mining methodology and algorithms.
- 2 years of experience in analytical projects, preferably in mathematical optimization or forecasting areas.
- Experience with SAS / SPSS / Python / Matlab etc.
- Good SQL knowledge.
- Hands-on skills to work with Project Documents (Business Requirements Definition Document, User Guides, etc.).
- Ability to manage with stress situations, attentiveness, accuracy.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly (verbally and in writing).
- English language skills at Intermediate or higher.