JMP Certified Associate: Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving
During this performance-based examination, candidates will apply the skills and knowledge necessary to apply statistical thinking and fundamental statistical methods to solve industrial problems.
Successful candidates should have the ability to:
- Explain the importance of using data and applying statistical methods to solve problems.
- Develop a clearly defined problem statement to translate a business problem into an analytics problem
- Compile and prepare data for analysis.
- Visually and interactively explore data to identify potential root causes of variation.
- Translate analytics results into an actionable decisions and results.
- Interpret the components of a control chart to determine if a process is stable.
- Design a measurement system analysis (MSA) and interpret the results of an MSA.
- Conduct a capability analysis and interpret Cp, Cpk, Pp and Ppk.
- Interpret statistical intervals and hypothesis test results.
- Describe the impact of sampling and sample size on statistical decision making.
- Explain the difference between correlation and causation.
- Fit a simple regression model and interpret the results.
- Interpret analysis results for multiple linear regression and binary logistic regression.
- Explain the importance of DOE in developing knowledge of cause and effect.
Exam Content & Pricing
Candidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving exam.
- 55-60 multiple-choice questions
- Passing score is 725; uses a score range from 200 to 1,000 points. For more information about scaled scores see our FAQ.
- 150 minutes to complete exam.
- Use exam ID A00-910; required when registering with Pearson VUE.
- Candidates will use JMP 14 software to perform this exam
Exam fee: 1.485 NOK
Training & Exam Preparation
Your one-stop guide to help you prepare for SAS Certification.
Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving
A free online course
Please note: For content tested on the exam that is not yet covered in the Statistical Thinking course, you might review 6 Sigma materials (if you have a greenbelt or blackbelt) or you can review JMP Start Statistics (which is provided with the course). You can also review the Anodize or White Polymer case study in the Visual Six Sigma Book.
White Polymer Case Study
Additional materials for a variety of course topics
JMP Course Material Library