Pricing has a dramatic effect on a retailer's bottom line. Just a 1 percent increase in product price can raise operating profit by as much as 8 percent to 11 percent. You can get results quickly from retail pricing experts – with low up-front costs – with SAS.
SAS continues to change the game with SAS Markdown Optimization. With this solution (included in SAS Revenue Optimization Suite) retailers can run advanced optimization at 22 times the speed and save 70% in hardware costs.
Competing in retail means offering the right product to the right customer at the right price – even at the right moment. As a result, retailers have to get it right – every time.
I've been thoroughly impressed with the reliability of SAS solutions and SAS people have been great to work with. I would absolutely recommend SAS retail solutions to others with similar business challenges.
Northern Tool + Equipment
Better prices, better results.
- Gain visibility into pricing decisions to see the cross-effects and differentiators directly affecting the bottom line.
- Optimize prices for a wide range of products for grocery, apparel and hardlines including fast-moving consumer goods and fashion items.
- Easily handle and understand difficult retail scenarios such as sorted cause and effect, promotions, seasonality and changing calendar events using built-in forecasting.
Greater merchant productivity.
- Use retailer workflows and an intuitive interface to empower business users.
- Speed pricing decisions with automated plans, reducing or eliminating the need for manual processing.
- Improve communications with shared visibility into the optimization rationale.
- Provide merchants with visibility into category.
Flexible investment strategies.
- Deploy SAS® Revenue Optimization one of two ways – as a managed service (which can speed results and reduce your initial investment) or as software behind the firewall (which can provide a lower long-term cost of ownership).
Optimization that scales.
- Use SAS' proven track record with large, medium and small retailers to price at all levels of the product and location hierarchy down to store SKU.
Lower total cost of ownership.
- Build a common retail foundation that reduces implementation and administration for retailers.
- Manages prices across the entire product life cycle
- Retail business workflow
- Advanced analytics and forecasting