SAS® Underwriting Risk Management for P&C Insurance
Integrated data management
- Provides an insurance-specific data model that serves as a single source of information for the enterprise risk data warehouse.
- Provides integrated data quality tools that eliminate or reduce data inconsistencies.
- Includes prebuilt capabilities for loading data from the data model to your risk solutions and for populating the data warehouse from operational data sources.
- Self-documenting audit functionality provides a complete audit trail of all changes to data and risk models.
Blend of actuarial and financial techniques for valuing P&C insurance liabilities on both an accident- and underwriting-year basis
- Provides a methodology framework for rapid development of new P&C loss reserve estimation methods.
- Includes prebuilt techniques for calculating loss reserves – link ratio, chain-ladder, Mack, Cape Cod and Bornhuetter-Ferguson.
- Analyzes loss triangles and reserves by line of business, product, country, currency, etc.
- Enables reporting on loss and exposure concentrations by geography and product, and drill-down to policy or coverage level.
Flexible risk analysis and reporting framework
- Delivers a single management platform and modular structure that meets the needs of multiple business divisions.
- Provides comprehensive risk reporting features, including predefined templates for reporting results to regulators and an internal risk management dashboard.
- Supports integration of multiple systems and third-party tools for designing end-to-end processes for business users.
- Provides control panel for monitoring job execution status.
- Enables rapid development of new models, methodologies and ad hoc reports.
- Delivers faster analytical results via a massively parallel processing, in-memory execution environment.
- Scalable architecture scales smoothly from a single server to a grid computing environment for efficient use of hardware resources, reduced IT costs and to support future growth needs.