SAS named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity
Forbes has once again named SAS one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity, with the analytics leader proudly securing a spot in the top 10. For more than 45 years, SAS has earned a reputation of prioritizing employee well-being, providing supportive resources and an inclusive, inspiring work environment.
“We believe a diverse workforce brings unique talents and inspires teams to create software that can change the world,” said SAS CEO Jim Goodnight. “Great minds don’t always think alike, so we make it a priority to promote an environment where varied perspectives are encouraged. Big ideas ignite when everyone is treated with fairness and respect.”
The 2022 Best Employers for Diversity were selected based on an independent survey from over 60,000 U.S. employees who worked for companies with a minimum of 1,000 employees. Respondents answered questions regarding age, gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQIA+ & general diversity in their current workplace.
Diversity and inclusion has always been important to SAS, but we know we can always do more. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo, question things that are not right, be open to new perspectives and use their curiosity to better understand how to be more inclusive. We continue to find ways to support our employees and foster an inclusive workplace. You can read more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our Diversity and Inclusion Report.
In addition to being a signatory of the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion, SAS promotes diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout its organization, including such initiatives as:
- The SAS Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Action Board, which serves as a sounding board on DEI activities and integrates the D&I program with the company’s mission, operations, strategies and business objectives.
- SAS Employee Inclusion Groups such as Black Initiatives Group, Women’s Initiatives Network, Young Professionals Network, SAS International Connection, PRIDE LGBTQ+ & Allies, ABLE SAS All Abilities Network and VETS SAS Military Network are inclusive of all employees.
- United in STEM: SAS Diversity Internship Program provides opportunities for students who identify as neurodivergent, Black or African American, Indigenous, and other historically underrepresented students of color; women; and students affiliated with the US military.
- STEM-related events including SAS HBCU STEM Connect with Historically Black Colleges and Universities, STEM Career Showcase for students with disabilities, and Triangle STEM Goes Red introducing nearly 100 middle school girls to the field.
- Diversity recruitment events such as HBCU Career Development Marketplace, Service Academy Career Conference, Women in Data Science and Statistics, Out4Undergrad Tech, and the American Statistical Association Committee on Minorities in Statistics programs.
- Numerous partnerships that promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the field of analytics, statistics and computer science.
In addition to recently receiving the top score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Foundation’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index, SAS has also received distinctions as a top place to work for millennials, parents, women and for diversity.
Learn more about how SAS promotes diversity, equity and inclusion.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative software and services, SAS empowers and inspires customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS employees celebrating the recognition by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity.