SAS, RTO Insider host forum to discuss issues facing energy systems industry
Independent energy systems operators will gather in North Carolina for ISO Summit March 14-15
Government regulations. Forecasting. Pricing. Grid reliability. The top challenges facing independent energy providers today are unlikely to go away. SAS and RTO Insider are bringing independent system operators (ISOs) and regional transmission organizations (RTOs) together to discuss concerns and deepen relationships during the 2nd Annual ISO Summit March 14-15 at SAS world headquarters in Cary, NC.
“Political shifts that accompany a new presidential administration only add to grid operators’ hurdles,” said Rich Heidorn Jr., Editor of RTO Insider. “Every day they strive to accommodate the intermittent generation and distribution of energy resources and respond to state initiatives affecting their market. This year, with a new president appointing FERC commissioners and directing environmental policy, RTOs and ISOs confront more variables than normal. We expect lively discussions during the summit.”
This year’s theme, “An Era of Promise and Uncertainty,” will weave through panel discussions, roundtables and networking activities during the two-day conference. Presenters include:
- Alberta ESO: Steven Everett, Manager, Forecasting
- CAISO: Lorenzo Kristov, Principal, Market and Infrastructure Policy
- ERCOT: Kenan Ögelman, Vice President of Commercial Operations
- ERCOT: Carl Raisch, Manager, Demand Integration
- MISO: John Bear, CEO
- NYISO: Rich Dewey, Executive Vice President
- PJM: Andy Ott, CEO
- Quanta Services: Ralph Masiello, Senior Vice President
- RTO Insider: Rich Heidorn Jr., Editor-in-Chief
- SPP: Nick Brown, CEO
- SAS: Jill Dyché, Vice President, SAS Best Practices
- SAS: Mike Smith, Principal Industry Consultant
About RTO Insider
RTO Insider™ is your eyes and ears on the organized electric markets, putting you “inside the room” at CAISO, ERCOT, ISO-NE, MISO, NYISO, PJM and SPP. We provide independent, objective coverage and analysis of the wholesale electric industry’s markets and policymaking, saving you time and ensuring you don’t miss the issues most important to your interests.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative software and services, SAS empowers and inspires customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®.