About This Book
Trade-Based Money Laundering will prepare the reader for the coming regulatory and enforcement focus on the misuse of international trade to launder money and transfer value. The timing of the release is opportune because trade-based money laundering is a hot topic right now in the anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist finance community.
- an eye-opening discussion about the magnitude of the problem
- go-to checklists, cheat sheets, and bulleted advice for speeding along and improving the effectiveness of investigations
- more than three dozen concrete, red-flag indicators of TBML
- a discussion of how legitimate businesses use forms of TBML to maximize profits and minimize taxes
- a straight-forward explanation of underground financial systems such as the black-market peso exchange, hawala, and Chinese flying money and their link to TBML
- and a convenient money-laundering primer to get you up to speed for advanced discussions.