SAS® Detection and Investigation Features
- Provides a robust fraud data model.
- Consolidates historical data from internal and external sources.
- Reduces or eliminates redundant or inconsistent data with automated, built-in data quality tools.
- Seamlessly integrates with existing third-party fraud applications.
Advanced analytics with embedded AI & machine learning
- Provides a broad set of modern statistical, machine learning, deep learning and text analytics algorithms from within a single environment
- Enables you to improve fraud models by testing different approaches in a single run, and comparing results of multiple supervised learning algorithms with standardized tests.
- Provides an array of analytical capabilities, including clustering, different types of regression, random forests, gradient boosting models, support vector machines, natural language processing, topic detection and more.
- Continuously updates and improves models based on prior output results.
Rule & analytic model management
- Provides prepackaged heuristic rules, anomaly detection and predictive models, so you can harness the power of advanced analytics right out of the box.
- Lets you create and logically manage business rules, analytic models and watch lists.
- Enables you to customize analytical models to identify fraud not found by existing business rules.
- Enables easy management of the deployment, aggregation, scheduling, suppression and routing of simple or complex rules across multiple factors, including accounts, data sources and lines of business.
- Lets you run groups of rules and models alone, in parallel or at different times (intraday, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Facilitates collaboration with other business units on model development.
Detection & alert generation
- Calculates the propensity for fraud at first contact, then rescores accounts with each transaction as new data is captured.
- Scores 100 percent of transactions in real time with an online scoring engine that uses multiple detection methods.
- Enables you to incorporate fraud detection methods into the process at the most appropriate points.
- Combines alerts from multiple monitoring systems, associates them with common individuals or accounts, and provides a more complete perspective on the risk of particular individuals, accounts or groups.
- Prioritizes the investigative order of alerts by scoring them in real time, based on specific characteristics.
- Automatically routes alerts to appropriate team members based on user-set rules and requirements.
- Displays all evidence for each case on a dashboard that you can customize to accommodate your investigative unit's processes.
Social network analysis
- Provides a unique network visualization interface that lets you go beyond transaction and account views to analyze related activities and relationships at a network dimension, and identify linkages among seemingly unrelated activities.
- Enables you to produce complete dossiers of networks surrounding a case, and gain fast access to full details on all related parties and networks.
- Produces independent and combined fraud scores, so you can assess overall risk on a customer, transaction or network basis.
- Increases investigator effectiveness by enabling investigators to merge and delete network entities, and add annotations (text and images) to specific entities in a network.
- Provides time slider functionality, which enables you to see how activity in a network develops over a time horizon.
Search & discovery
- Enables free-text, field-based or geospatial searches across all data (internal and external).
- Lets you refine searches using interactive filters and facets that customized for your investigative team.
- Provides an intuitive interface that lets you construct complex queries without the need to understand specific syntax. For example, you can use fuzzy searching, proximity searching and field boosting while restricting searches to specific entity types, fields, comments or insights.
Workflow & case management
- Systematically facilitates investigations using a configurable workflow.
- Stores all information pertinent to a case, including detailed investigation information – e.g., interview notes and evidence for criminal or civil prosecution, restitution and collections.
- Assesses overall fraud exposure, including losses due to fraud as well as fraud detected or prevented.
Flexible deployment options & analytical services
- Enables faster implementation (and faster ROI) when installed and administered at the SAS hosting site, eliminating the need for staff to oversee the system.
- Can be hosted at your site, with SAS assisting with the implementation and providing training.
- Can be fully integrated with your existing operations environment, workflow solution and business process management objectives, including thorough business process discovery and review to ensure your objectives are met or exceeded.