SAS® Federation Server Features
Virtualized data layer
- Federated data source names (DSNs) allow users to access multiple data sources via the same connection.
- JDBC and ODBC drivers help third-party applications query federated data.
- Federated data as a service (DaaS) simplifies data access and allows web-based query submission, server and database discovery via a robust REST interface.
- Shared metadata allows for easier integration with other SAS solutions.
Single point of administration
- Web-based administration console for improved governance.
- Query builder graphically creates materialized views.
- A scheduler helps manage and schedule data cache refreshes.
- Capability to enable or disable data caches.
- Options to monitor current and historical session status.
- Supports data caching of materialized views to reduce loads on operational systems.
- Supports connection pooling between the federation server and source data systems.
- Includes support for statement pooling from the federation server JDBC driver.
- Lets you combine multiple data sources and write to SASHDAT to simplify and speed data preparation for visual analytics.
- Incorporates advanced data manipulations that can run inside the database, such as data cleansing, merging and scoring.
- Runs SAS DS2 code inside the database if in-database technologies are installed.
Data masking for more security & auditability
- Allows you to define access permissions for a user or group at the catalog, schema, table, column and row levels.
- Includes support for definer’s rights views as well as user and group functions.
On-demand data quality
- Apply data quality functions like match-code generation, parsing, and gender or identification analysis inside the view.
- Take advantage of SAS In-Database Technologies to run functions inside the database for improved performance.