Comprehensive data governance tools for maintaining consistent data governance policies, processes and owners for your corporate information.
Spend less time managing your data – and more time managing your business – with trusted data governance tools.
Control your data through better policies and parameters.
When it comes to knowing what’s happening with your data and who’s altering it, you don’t have to guess – you can know. Set guidelines around who sees what information. Enforce who makes changes – and what changes they can make. Generate snapshots of past business terms and relationships to better meet regulatory requirements. You have the power to be proactive, without compromising security.
Define terms, promote collaboration and pinpoint issues with a business glossary.
SAS Data Governance doesn’t just deliver a standard-issue glossary. It gives you a powerful, interactive repository of terms and definitions that makes it easier to flag and fix issues. You can create and manage SAS and third-party metadata – all from an integrated, workflow-driven environment. Plus you can visualize and create reports to track remediation issues or monitor data health.
Measure your success and track progress.
With built-in reporting, monitoring and validation, our data governance tools let you know if you’re succeeding, or whether you need to make changes. You can use an intuitive dashboard to monitor trends. Know when policies are being followed. And trace them when they aren't.
Manage reference data from a single location.
Setting up and maintaining reference data is easy for both business and IT. Your tech experts build a table directly into a job – and then that information can be updated by business users. It's an efficient way to keep your big data updated and accurate, even if it’s stored in Hadoop or Impala.
Explore More on SAS® Data Governance and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Article Goooooal! How data stewards score with data visualizationWhen it comes to data visualization, the role a data steward plays is not so different from that of a referee. They both enforce rules, stay true to the game, and are critical to success.
- Article Data management backgrounderFrom data integration to data quality and data preparation, find out what these terms mean and why they’re so important for your analytics projects.
- Article Data governance: The case for self-validationLearn why you should redefine data governance policies to empower customers to be accountable for keeping their personal data accurate, consistent and up-to-date.
The SAS Data Governance Framework: A Blueprint for Success
This white paper explains how to build a comprehensive data governance framework that encompasses all parts of the data management infrastructure.
Profiling and Analytics under GDPR: Staying on the Right Side of the Regulation with Data Governance
Explore the GDPR provisions targeting customer analytics and profiling. This paper explores how a comprehensive data governance program can mitigate compliance risks for these provisions, and introduces must-have data management technologies that can help.
The General Data Protection Regulation: What It Means and How SAS® Data Management Can Help
Find out how the GDPR could affect your business and how SAS Data Management solutions can help you prepare.
I Spy PII: How to Use SAS® Data Management for Personal Data Protection
Get a step-by-step look at how to use SAS Data Management software to access, identify, govern, protect and audit personal data across your organization.
Learn about the evolution of data integration tools and the benefits that can be achieved with a comprehensive data management platform.
SAS®: A Comprehensive Approach to Big Data Governance, Data Management and Analytics
SAS puts you in charge of burgeoning big data governance issues. See how in this paper by Sunil Soares.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
Building an Analytical Culture for Success
An ambitious, culture-centric project reshaped people’s attitudes about data and quickly returned more than a $1 million in cost savings. See the six guiding principles that led to success where three earlier attempts had failed.
- Article 5 ways to become data-drivenSuccessful data-driven businesses foster collaborative, goal-oriented cultures, have leaders who believe in data and are governance-oriented. Read more in this summary of TDWI research that uncovers best practices for becoming data-driven.
- Article Data governance framework: What is it and do I already have one?A data governance framework encompasses a holistic approach to how you collect, manage and archive data.
- Article Soccer versus baseball: which is the best analogy for data governance?Is data governance more like baseball, featuring individual effort, or like soccer, where a team approach wins? Carol Newcomb evaluates the best sports analogy for data governance.
- White Paper IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Launching Your Data Governance Program
Explore a comprehensive list of issues that can trip up an organization as it gets started with data governance. Learn how to use good judgment and sound decision making to sidestep these common issues.
Sustainable Data Governance
This white paper explores what it means to be sustainable, the ecosystem for data governance, sustainable data governance practices and more.
The 5 Essential Components of a Data Strategy
Skip the blue-sky thinking with a realistic data strategy to address current and future business needs.
Best Practices in Enterprise Data Governance
Explore data governance best practices, and discover where and how you can use SAS data governance capabilities to ensure successful data governance initiatives that continually deliver overall ROI and gain acceptance across the enterprise.
Check out these products related to SAS Data Governance, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.
- Data Management SoftwareGo beyond managing your data to unleashing its full potential.
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.