SAS® Continuous Monitoring for Procurement Integrity Features
- Accesses and integrates all relevant structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources (including third parties) across systems, platforms, etc.
- Matches, cleanses and fuses data elements together for a consolidated view of all information relating to a particular person or entity.
- Provides master data and metadata management capabilities.
Business rule development
- Imports business rules from existing rules engines to identify known risks.
- Uses an iterative, closed-loop process to modify or add to business rules as new schemes are uncovered.
Advanced analytics & model deployment
- Includes a procurement analytics data model and procurement-specific scenarios.
- Provides a large set of heuristic rules with anomaly detection capabilities.
- Uses advanced predictive modeling to risk-score suspicious activities early in the procurement process.
- Enables you to customize models to uncover suspicious activities not detected by existing business rules.
Detection & alert generation
- Scores all transactions (purchase orders, payments, etc.) in real time with an online scoring engine that uses a combination of business rules, anomaly detection, predictive modeling and associative link analysis.
- Calculates the risk associated with each entity or transaction, then rescores at each stage of the procurement life cycle as you capture new data, including delivery notes, invoices, amendments, etc.
- Assembles alerts from multiple monitoring systems and associates them with common individuals or entities.
- Calculates risk scores based on specific characteristics of the activity, with transparent reason codes.
- Prioritizes alerts and routes high-risk items to appropriate team members.
- Can assign work automatically to specific investigators or analysts based on user-set rules and requirements.
Social network analysis
- Detects and prevents organized abuse by going beyond transaction and account views to analyze all related activities and relationships at a network dimension.
- Provides an intuitive interface that lets investigators identify linkages among seemingly unrelated events and entities.
- Produces independent and combined risk scores.
- Annotates nodes and groups, including text and basic HTML tagging and HTML linked images.
- Allows group content to be viewed without expanding the group, and single-click “undo” to regroup the last group expanded.
- Enables administrators to tag certain nodes as anchor nodes and indicate whether, by default, to anchor purchase orders, invoices and other artifacts.
- Provides an easy-to-use interface that includes interactive visualization and search components.
- Enables analysts to intuitively gather, explore, visualize and manipulate data pertinent to their investigations.