Help bridge the gap between the supply of and demand for analytical talent in today's business world by developing a joint certificate program with SAS.
What is the SAS® Joint Certificate program?
The SAS Joint Certificate program is designed to assist universities in preparing students to work in a data-rich business environment. The joint certificate documents students’ coursework using SAS software to solve real-world business problems, giving students a competitive advantage in the job market. It's a great way to give special recognition to students who have shown excellence in using and applying SAS technologies.
How does the SAS® Joint Certificate program work?
SAS works closely with your institution to develop a joint certificate program in a variety of areas of SAS expertise, typically as part of an existing degree program. Standalone, non-degree certificate proposals may also be considered. Your university administers the program, and SAS co-sponsors the certificate. Minimum requirements for credit hours and covered topics must be met.
- Develop new courses or choose pre-existing ones for the joint certificate program, which must include a minimum of 12 credit hours. At least half of the courses must use SAS software. Students need to complete a project using real data as part of the certificate requirements.
- Work with SAS to select a theme and title for the certificate.
- Deliver course instruction, administer the program and verify that students have met certificate requirements.
- Create and award the certificates.
- Review and approve the syllabus and all proposed course content.
- Collaborate on the certificate's theme and title.
- Provide the SAS logo to your university for use on the certificates and related marketing materials.
- Co-sign the certificates.
- Recognize your university's certificate program by promoting it on SAS websites.
The demand for the SAS certificate has exceeded our expectations. We see students from all different parts of campus – biology, political science, psychology and nursing. There’s a wide diversity of majors because what the courses teach is useful in so many fields. Jennifer Priestley Assistant Professor of Applied Statistics Kennesaw State University
You Might Also Be Interested In
- SAS Certification for AcademicsGet SAS certified, and set yourself apart. Students, educators and other academic staff can get 50 percent off the standard certification exam fees.
- Free SAS e-LearningLearn SAS quickly and easily with free, hands-on e-learning courses that you can access wherever you have an internet connection.
- Free High School Teacher WorkshopsAre you a high school teacher interested in teaching SAS? SAS offers free workshops throughout the year designed to help you teach high school students the power of analytics.
- Free SAS How-To VideosLearn how to use SAS at your own pace by checking out our library of free video tutorials designed for students and professors.