SAS® Financial Management Features
- Bidirectional, dynamic, secure link to the common data repository.
- On-demand access to actual and planning data.
- On-demand consolidation for enhanced what-if scenario modeling.
- Support for multiple accounting standards and partial ownership consolidations.
- Manual journal adjustments.
- Balancing rules.
- Automatic time aggregations (e.g., year to date).
- Roll forward of retained earnings.
- Multiple exchange rate sets.
- Currency translation adjustment for single and multiple accounts.
- Calculated rates ( e.g., cost per product).
- Special data dimension classifies and tracks changes to source data from external systems or data entry forms.
Budgeting & planning
- Rolling forecasts.
- Driver-based, top-down and bottom-up budgeting.
- Enterprisewide collaboration.
- Workflow control.
- Budget-cycle seeding.
- Advanced SAS Analytics for intelligent forecasting.
- Supplementary schedules.
- Framework to design, store, and re-use key processes and tasks.
- Visual monitoring of active process/task status.
- Ability to schedule key tasks.
- Audit trail and history
- Common data model for integration with other SAS solutions.
- Extraction, transformation and loading from virtually any data source, including ERP systems, RDBMSs and Microsoft Excel.
- Validation of data while importing and automatic generation of error reports when data importing fails.
- Checks during data importing for missing dimension values, trial balance debit or credit, and intercompany activity that has been tagged for internal and external trading.
- Reports created in Microsoft Excel.
- Shared reports are easily accessed.
- Automatic notification for key information, such as KPIs.
- Workflow managed for individual users.
- Data flow automated, minimizing the time users spend gathering data.