Data governance is more about process than technology. Once your data is in shape, we help you manage it to maintain a high level of quality – both today and for the long term. SAS Data Governance gives your data guidance and context. It enables you to align business and IT, monitor quality and pinpoint problems – all within the same environment.
Control your data through better policies and parameters.
When it comes to knowing what’s happening with your data and who’s altering it, you don’t have to guess – you can know. Set guidelines around who sees what information. Enforce who makes changes – and what changes they can make. Generate snapshots of past business terms and relationships to better meet regulatory requirements. You have the power to be proactive, without compromising security.
Define terms, promote collaboration and pinpoint issues with a business glossary.
SAS Data Governance doesn’t just deliver a standard-issue glossary. It gives you a powerful, interactive repository of terms and definitions that makes it easier to flag and fix issues. You can create and manage SAS and third-party metadata – all from an integrated, workflow-driven environment. Plus you can visualize and create reports to track remediation issues or monitor data health.
Measure your success and track progress.
With built-in reporting, monitoring and validation, you’ll know if you’re succeeding, or whether you need to make changes. You can use an intuitive dashboard to monitor trends. Know when policies are being followed. And trace them when they aren't.
Manage reference data from a single location.
Setting up and maintaining reference data is easy for both business and IT. Your tech experts build a table directly into a job – and then that information can be updated by business users. It's an efficient way to keep your big data updated and accurate, even if it’s stored in Hadoop or Impala.
- Enterprise governance. Maintain and manage data attributes through a common data model.
- Business data glossary. Create and manage business terms and safeguard them as you see fit. Speed import of terms and relationships using CSV files.
- Security and auditability. Flag changes in metadata, enable role-based access to various data stewardship consoles and protect sensitive information. Create "point-in-time" snapshots of past terms to meet regulatory requirements.
- Reference data manager. Store, manage and publish lists and hierarchies from a web-based interface that can be used across lines of business.
- Visualization and reporting. Create reports and share information about data governance initiatives, as well as monitor data health and status of remediation issues.
- Data remediation. Govern stewardship and other business processes via workflows; review records and resolve issues once problems are identified.
- Business rule validation. Help data meet organizational standards for data quality and business processes.
- Data monitoring. Use dashboards, data remediation processes and active alerts to data issues as they arise.
- Metadata management and visualization. Align business and IT with a powerful lineage relationship visualization tool that spans the enterprise, including SAS Data Management, SAS Analytics and third-party ETL or data quality tools, tables, data models and other metadata objects.
- Application Integration. Integrate with other applications via the exposed REST API.
Better data quality equals a more accurate view of insurance risk and pricing. IAG's New Zealand business can now geocode 90 percent of customers addresses.
Read the SAS Data Governance fact sheet.
Learn how the SAS Data Governance Framework provides the organizational and technological structures needed to overcome common data governance failure points.
Discover the five components needed to build a data strategy that can deliver tangible results for your business – today and tomorrow.