Big Data Analytics in focus at two SAS events in Orlando
Executives, data scientists gather for Premier Business Leadership Series, Analytics 2013
Can a trip to Orlando boost your career and your company's bottom line? Yes, if you're there for Analytics 2013 and The Premier Business Leadership Series, where practical advice from business leaders will help you turn your organization's flood of "big data" into better business decisions and bottom-line value.
Sponsored by SAS, the leader in analytics (per IDC and Forrester), both events take place at the Hyatt Regency Orlando (Fla.) next week. Top executives and experts will discuss how applying analytics to big data uncovers insights from customer, operational, risk and other data.
Which event is right for you? Analytics 2013 is focused on analytics technology and how-to presentations. The Series event is an executive-level forum on business issues, technology and leadership.
Analytics 2013: Oct. 21-22
Analytics 2013 spotlights the latest ideas, research and best practices in analytics. The conference features how-to presentations by analytics users and experts, and explores critical technologies – data mining, data visualization, data management, forecasting and more – that transform raw data into useful information.
"As volumes of big data balloon, companies must sift through it to find valuable and timely insights. And they need insights and answers in near real-time to take action," said Jim Goodnight, CEO of SAS and keynote speaker at both conferences. "Analytics – especially data visualization and high-performance analytics – is the key to unlocking value from big data."
In addition to Goodnight, Analytics 2013 keynote speakers include Sven Crone, Assistant Professor in Management Science at Lancaster University (UK); Edward Gaffin, Director of Marketing Analytics and Optimization for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts; and Will Hakes, co-founder and CEO of Link Analytics.
Other organizations presenting include: Capgemini, Carolinas HealthCare System, Cleveland Clinic, Corios LLC, Cox Communications, dunnhumby, Highmark Health Services, Intel, Irish Revenue Office, Kennesaw State University, KU Leuven, Oklahoma State University, RWE npower, Southern Company, University of Alabama, University of North Texas, University of Tennessee and Vanderbilt University.
Register for Analytics 2013 today at https://support.sas.com/opal/external/ac.
The Premier Business Leadership Series: Oct. 22-24
The Premier Business Leadership Series is an executive-level event that also showcases organizations using analytics to find insights within big data. Thought leaders sharing advice on driving business success include:
- Walter Isaacson, President and CEO of the Aspen Institute, best-selling author of Steve Jobs, and former Chairman and CEO of CNN.
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist at MIT
- Sir Terry Leahy, former CEO of Tesco PLC .
- Tom Davenport, co-author of Competing on Analytics and Analytics at Work and Research Director of the International Institute for Analytics.
- Jason Dorsey, The Gen Y Guy and best-selling author .
Companies presenting at the Series include: Canada Post, Chubb, Cloudera, Cox Communications, Deutsche Bank, DSW Inc., Family Dollar, International Institute for Analytics, Lenovo, Orlando Magic, Scholastic Corp., University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, University of Texas System and Wyndham Exchange & Rentals.
The Series event addresses executive's specific issues and challenges. Attendees must be director level or above. Register today for the Series at http://www.sas.com/events/pbls/americas.
At both Analytics 2013 and the Series event in Orlando next week, you can:
- Interact with today's most progressive users of analytics
- Share ideas with fellow executives, data scientists and industry experts
- Bring back new approaches and technology and business insights to your organization.
Follow on social media
To follow updates from both conferences via social channels:
- "Like" Analytics 2013 on Facebook and join the Analytics 2013 LinkedIn group.
- Join The Premier Business Leadership Series LinkedIn group for discussions before, during and after the conference.
- Follow the #pbls13 Twitter hashtag and the Series Twitter account (@saspbls).
- Follow the #Analytics2013 hashtag.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.