SAS offers strengths across the board, including exceptionally well-integrated AutoML and other guided analytics capabilities.
Explore More SAS Resources
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select resource type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
Prescriptive Analytics: Just What the Doctor Ordered
Inefficiency, unresolved problems and lack of innovation. These symptoms are often part of a larger organizational illness – one that likely originates with how data is managed. To achieve a cure, you need the right medicine: big data analytics.
- White Paper Building the Data-Intelligent Enterprise: Tap the Power of Technology and PartnersThe value of an intelligent enterprise is clear, but operationalizing analytics can be a long and complex journey. There is no magic bullet or singular solution. Rather, it takes the support of strategic partnerships to create a cohesive strategy and deployment road map that will accelerate deployment and maximize value from analytics investments.
Making Sense of AI
This e-book explores the current boundaries of AI, as well as the many ways that modern AI applications can improve our understanding of the world and enable us to make better, faster decisions.
- Customer Story University uses analytics to ensure student successWestern Kentucky University uses data visualization and advanced analytics to make informed decisions.
- Customer Story Zeroing in on property values with machine learningArtificial intelligence improves assessment accuracy and productivity in Wake County.
- Article How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on the SAS Platform to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
Out in the open with analytics
What if we stopped arguing over which analytics software is best, and decided instead to use them all? With today’s analytics technologies, the conversation about open analytics and commercial analytics is no longer an either/or discussion. You can now combine the benefits of SAS and open source analytics within your organization. Download this e-book to learn how businesses in multiple industries are integrating disparate code and information to deploy models and deliver critical results with analytics.
- Article AI in manufacturing: New opportunities for IT and operationsAn AI survey reveals that leaders and early adopters in AI are making important advances and are identifying and expanding on what works as they use AI in more ways and more parts of their organizations.
- Webinar ModelOps: Common Questions and ChallengesLearn how to execute the model life cycle reliably and consistently.
- Analyst Report IDC: Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Software 2018 Market SharesIn this compilation of IDC reports entitled Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Software 2018 Market Shares (September 2019), SAS is ranked No.1 in the Worldwide Advanced and Predictive Analytics Software Revenue category.
The Machine Learning Landscape
This paper, for novice and intermediate data scientists, talks about the four widely recognized machine learning styles and their common uses, data and modeling methodologies, and popular algorithms for solving machine learning problems.
- Customer Story Reducing hospital-acquired infections with artificial intelligence Hospitals in the Region of Southern Denmark aim to increase patient safety using analytics and AI solutions from SAS.
The Autonomous Grid: Machine Learning and IoT for Utilities
Machine learning and the IoT have the power to create an increasingly autonomous grid that can eventually handle billions of endpoints on utility networks. But is the industry truly maximizing the benefits of either technology? Find out in this report.
Advanced Analytics: Moving Toward AI, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing
The global excitement around the latest advancements in artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) technologies has increased with the evolution of computing power.
- Customer Story Modernizing consumer lending in VietnamVietCredit aims to revolutionize the consumer finance market with SAS.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019 Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms 2020Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms 2020 for the seventh consecutive year.
- Webinar Prime the Pump: An approach for better assessment of risk issues and unstructured data Learn how AI capabilities can help you organize and analyze unstructured data to better assess – and avoid – risks facing your business.
- Article AI in banking: Survey reveals factors for successWhat do banking executives report about their experiences with AI? Where are they focusing today? What’s working? What are their plans for the future?
Open Source for Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning: Understanding the Pros and Cons
As organizations move to build and deploy predictive analytics models, they need to determine which kinds of tools to use – commercial, open source or both. This report explores some important advantages and disadvantages of open source for analytics.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses the SAS Platform and AI solutions to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
- Customer Story A model of institutional research champions the value of analytics for allOklahoma State University uses SAS to create an analytics culture and increase student success.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
Improve Customer Experience with Actionable Artificial Intelligence
While more marketers turn to artificial intelligence technologies, this new territory also raises more questions. This paper offers a detailed look into how AI works, and explores the opportunities and challenges it presents.
- E-Book Operationalizing AnalyticsExplore how to overcome difficulties related to data and operationalizing analytics. We’ll also look at how one industry – banking – has been able to realize the full benefit of its analytics investment.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning, Q3 2020.Forrester eport states that products evaluated are SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning and SAS® Model Manager.
- E-Book Accelerate and improve business outcomes with AIoTOrganizations across multiple industries are using AIoT to improve quality, maximize equipment performance, improve efficiencies and more. Download this e-book to find out how you can reap the same benefits.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
Six Keys to Credit Risk Modeling for the Digital Age
Modernizing and automating the end-to-end process for origination and servicing – from data management to model development to credit decisions – can reduce credit losses and boost performance. This paper explores how infusing machine learning into this process supports more effective credit decisions for individuals, products or portfolios.
- White Paper What You Need to Know About Data & Digital TransformationCompanies need to know how to use data to meet client needs, hire the right talent, measure performance and communicate their brand’s promise. This collection will cover how to adopt and analyze data and use it as part of your digital transformation.
- Webinar AI and Banking: Survey Reveals Success FactorsWhether you are a business or technology leader in banking, this must-attend webinar will give you a clearer, current, data-driven picture of the state of AI in banking and where it’s heading.
Open Source for Analytics: Trends, Opportunities and Challenges
At TDWI, we see increasing interest in open source for analytics. In a recent survey, the majority of those planning advanced analytics projects are planning to do so using open source analytics technology, such as R and Python.
- Customer Story Adding a human touch to medical billingBilling innovator RevSpring deploys advanced analytics and machine learning to reimagine the patient billing and communication process.
- Customer Story Q&A: Achieving big financial gains - quicklyInsurance companies uses SAS to help business partners generate revenue increases and maintain competitive edge.
- Article GDPR and AI: Friends, foes or something in between?The GDPR may not be best buddies with artificial intelligence – but GDPR and AI aren't enemies, either. Kalliopi Spyridaki explains the tricky relationship between the two.
- Analyst Report IDC: Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms 2018 Market ShareIDC depicts worldwide AI software platforms 2018 share snapshot, showing share and share growth.
- Customer Story World’s largest sports and humanitarian event builds legacy of inclusion with data-driven technologySpecial Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi uses SAS® Analytics and AI solutions to keep athletes safe and fans engaged.
- White Paper Artificial Intelligence in Banking and Risk ManagementGlobal Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) and SAS survey drew more than 2,000 responses from across the financial services industry to answer questions about the current and future state of AI in risk.
- Article 5 ways to measure beehive health with analytics and hive-streaming dataThis analytical approach to understanding bee hive health can automatically alert beekeepers to changes in hive weights, temperatures, flight activity and more.
- Webinar Using New Tech to Break Down SilosLearn what companies are doing to communicate more effectively and make better decisions.
- White Paper AI for the CIO: 10 Tips for SuccessSAS Whitepaper: 10 tips for the CIO who is knee-deep in digital transformation projects that require deploying AI models at an enterprise scale.
- Customer Story Revolutionizing marketing campaigns with AIAlliant relies on machine learning to create qualified marketing audiences for its clients.
- Webinar Model Explainability Discover how you can see into the black box and explain what is happening with your algorithms.
- Webinar How AI Demands Organizational Change: New Approaches to Collaboration, Technology and Trust Learn why it’s essential to take a hard look at current processes and structures before you can capitalize on the benefits of AI.
- Article The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
Redefine Your Analytics Journey With Interactive Data Exploration and Predictive Analytics
What if your analytics journey were easier? It can be, in five easy steps. Learn how SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics together can provide a fast, fun way to explore data, build models and find the best performer.
Adopting AI: Linchpins of AI Success - Data Scientists and Their Algorithms
The Harvard Business Review’s AI Adoption Insight Center focuses on the the human faces behind the computational and automation advancements that are carrying our world into exciting, uncharted territory.
Data Management for Artificial Intelligence
When machines learn from exposure to data, the truism of “garbage in, garbage out” for data is truer than ever. Now is the time for executives, particularly the chief data officer, to establish the data management strategy, technology and best practices to ensure success with machine learning.
- Customer Story Prison violence dramatically drops with analytics-based risk assessmentThe Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
- Customer Story AI-driven personalization gives electronics retailer a boostConrad Electronic uses customer intelligence solutions from SAS to craft relevant offers in real time.
- Analyst Report IDC Perspective: Highlights from the 2018 European SAS Conference for Industry Analysts
- Webinar AI Snapshot: Three Key Developments Shaping AI Strategies Right NowTune in to hear AI experts unpack recent developments in AI and what they mean for software investments, resource allocation, talent recruitment and more.
How to Do Deep Learning With SAS®
Get an introduction to deep learning techniques and applications, and learn how SAS supports the creation of deep neural network models.
- White Paper How AI Changes the RulesReaping the benefits of AI will require changes in workplace structures, technology strategies and technology governance. Read on to learn more about the changes that leaders must prepare for to successfully implement trusted AI.
The Artificial Intelligence of Things
We’re living in a world that has more connected devices than humans. See how AI amplifies the value and potential of this fast-growing Internet of Things.
- Customer Story Pharmacy benefit manager slashes fraud, waste and abuse using artificial intelligencePrime Therapeutics saves its clients $355 million in 18 months with AI-powered SAS Detection and Investigation for Health Care.
- Article As AI accelerates, focus on 'road' conditionsAI technology has made huge strides in a short amount of time and is ready for broader adoption. But as organizations accelerate their AI efforts, they need to take extra care, because as any police officer will tell you, even small potholes can cause problems for vehicles traveling at high speeds.
Adopting AI: The Impacts of AI on Management
The AI revolution is no longer the stuff of science fiction – it’s corporate reality. Harvard Business Review’s AI Adoption Insight Center articles on management discuss the reality of AI execution in businesses today and what we’re learning as AI advances.
- White Paper ModelOps: Maximizing Value Across the Analytics Life CycleLearn how “ModelOps,” an emerging analytics methodology, can help organizations operationalize the full analytics life cycle at scale.
- Article Analytics leads to lifesaving cancer therapiesA long-shot treatment offers hope to 10-year-old Harrison after he learns the DNA profile of his cancer is resistant to chemo. Find out how data and analytics play a role in cancer research and cancer treatments that are saving lives.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new world
Machine learning in the last few decades has given way to an AI revolution. From self-driving cars to virtual assistants, learn more about the endless possibilities for these developing technologies.
The Evolution of Analytics
Learn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
The Autonomous Grid in the Age of the Artificial Intelligence of Things
Explore how AI and IoT work together to deliver everything from improved threat detection to better customer engagement for utilities.
- Customer Story Curbing traffic accidents and saving lives with machine learningArtificial intelligence and cloud computing make roads safer in Western Australia.
- Article AI in government: The path to adoption and deploymentThe government sector is lagging in AI adoption, but awareness of the importance of AI in the public sector is increasing. Our survey indicates that operational issues are requiring governments to turn their attention to AI projects as a way to address important public issues.
The open road: Move your business forward using both open source technology and commercial platforms
Supporting an organization’s needs to accelerate business, data scientists and programmers have a wealth of options available when it comes to software. Technologies that support both open source and commercial platforms offer power capabilities in terms of flexibility of programming languages, as well as scalability.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing HubsSAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing Hubs.
- Webinar ModelOps: Repeatable, Efficient Machine Learning At ScaleDiscover the core capabilities and tools to manage the model life cycle in a consistent, scalable manner.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About Machine LearningLearn about the technical requirements of machine learning through the lens of IT management.
- Webinar How Do I Integrate SAS® Viya® and Open Source?Use your programming skills to get the most out of SAS® Viya® in an open source interface that works for you
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- Webinar SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning: Getting StartedThe presentation and accompanying demonstration will offer a view into SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning.
Data Mining From A to Z
This paper shows how you can use predictive analytics and data mining to reveal new insights from data, as well as get all the pieces and parts moving together for maximum value.
- Article Shut the front door on insurance application fraud!Fraudsters love the ease of plying their trade over digital channels. Smart insurance companies are using data from those channels (device fingerprint, IP address, geolocation, etc.) coupled with analytics and machine learning to detect insurance application fraud perpetrated by agents, customers and fraud rings.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to decode dance patterns of beesAmesto NextBridge and Beefutures use visual analytics and machine learning to help protect and support healthy bee populations.
- White Paper Heavy Reading: Advanced Predictive Network AnalyticsHeavy Reading reveals how predictive analytics gives service providers real-time visibility into their networks – boosting revenue potential and ensuring more satisfied customers, better targeted marketing, fine-tuned capacity planning and top-notch service assurance.
- Webinar Data Governance Doesn’t End Where the Cloud BeginsLearn why a strong data governance strategy is needed to support your move to the cloud.
- Customer Story Telstra calls on SAS to keep customers engagedAustralia’s largest telecommunications company relies on SAS Analytics to better understand customers’ needs and develop the products and services they want.
- White Paper Faster Insights from Faster DataExamines where organizations are facing barriers to getting relevant data into the right condition for analytics, for developing artificial intelligence (AI) programs, and for delivery to users who need insights in time to solve business problems.
- Article How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
Machine Learning Use Cases in Financial Crimes
Learn 10 proven ways machine learning can boost the efficiency and effectiveness of fraud and financial crimes teams – from data collection to detection to investigation and reporting.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About OptimizationHear from an IT Director about the technical requirements and major considerations for deploying optimization in your computing environment.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
- Webinar Create a Resilient Data and Analytics Strategy to Make Informed Decisions in Uncertain Times Learn specific analytic strategies to weather the storm during hard times – and thrive after they’ve passed.
Artificial Intelligence for Executives
This paper outlines the SAS approach to AI and explains key concepts. It also provides process and implementation tips if you are considering adding AI technologies to your business and analytical strategies.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About NLPLearn about the technical requirements of natural language processing through the lens of IT management.
Analytics Platform and Program: Keys to Success for Regulatory Compliance in Financial Services
Advanced analytics is at the heart of regulatory compliance processes in financial services.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About ForecastingLearn about the technical requirements of forecasting through the lens of IT management.
- Customer Story Using Artificial Intelligence to better engage with customersDaiwa Securities uses analytics and machine learning from SAS to better meet customer needs.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About Computer Vision and GPUsHear from an IT director about the technical requirements and major considerations for deploying and supporting computer vision.
The Risks and Rewards of AI
Exploring the rise of AI, Harvard Business Review has published a collection of articles assessing the opportunities and pitfalls that could evolve, with discussions on the innovative uses of data and analytics, industry adoption, impacts to human work, and the factors of business change.
Managing the Analytics Life Cycle for Decisions at Scale
Let the SAS Analytics Life Cycle guide you through the iterative process of going from raw data to predictive modeling to automated decisions, faster. This paper tells you how.
Adopting AI: Industry Perspectives
From self-driving cars to supply chain jobs, detecting crime and changing healthcare, AI promises to transform our business world. The promise of AI is no longer speculative—it’s today’s reality.
- Article From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- Customer Story IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
Data Visualization Techniques
A picture is worth a thousand words – especially when you are trying to find relationships and understand your data – which could include thousands or even millions of variables. This paper takes you from the basics of charts and graphs to visualizing big data using SAS Visual Analytics.
- Customer Story Brazil tackles insurance fraud with AI and analyticsCNseg relies on SAS to thwart fraud, improves alert accuracy by 67%.
- Article A guide to machine learning algorithms and their applicationsDo you know the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning? How about the difference between decision trees and forests? Or when to use a support vector algorithm? Get all the answers here.
- Customer Story Personalization is key in telecommunications. And analytics the natural solution.Telenor Norway uses SAS Analytics to enhance business decisions and continuously adapt to customers’ needs.
- Webinar Certification: AI and Machine Learning Professional Credential Overview Learn tips for success in earning the SAS® Certified AI and Machine Learning Professional credential.
The Next Analytics Age: Machine Learning
What management and leadership challenges will the next wave of analytic technology bring? This SAS-sponsored Harvard Business Review Insight Center on HBR.org went beyond the buzz to talk about how machine learning will change companies and the way we manage them.
- White Paper Using a Hybrid Open Source and Commercial Analytics EcosystemAs more companies make the move to advanced analytics such as machine learning, they will need to decide whether to use open source, commercial products, or a combination of the two. An analysis in this TDWI report shows there are benefits to utilizing both.
- Analyst Report IoT Solutions World Congress 2019: The Value Is in the DataIOT Solutions World Congress 2019 was a turning point in the evolution of IoT deployments, with organizations like SAS showing real, scalable deployments of IoT solutions combined with AI.
- Webinar To Trust AI, Understand AITo successfully deploy AI, you must first become familiar with the lexicon and learn about the role of foundational concepts such as trust and ethics.
Rationalizing Risk in Artificial Intelligence
Organizations that wait for AI perfection tomorrow will invariably miss out on its great potential today. Because while risk can’t be avoided entirely, it can be rationalized.
AI Momentum, Maturity and Models for Success
SAS, Intel and Accenture, working with Forbes Insights, surveyed business leaders and interviewed thought leaders around the world to identify early adopters and uncover emerging best practices for AI. Find out what they had to say.
- Webinar Zeroing in on property values with machine learningJoin us for a webinar focused on how Wake County and SAS built cloud-based machine learning models to accurately forecast the housing market and property values.
- Customer Story Manufacturing smarter, safer vehicles with analyticsKia Motors America relies on advanced analytics and artificial intelligence solutions from SAS to improve its products, services and customer satisfaction.
TDWI Navigator Report: Predictive Analytics
This TDWI Navigator Report for Predictive Analytics shares some key differentiators for SAS, including the breadth and depth of functionality when it comes to advanced analytics that supports executives, IT, data scientists and developers.
Adopting AI: Strategic Takes on AI Adoption
A successful AI implementation requires a strong strategy from the beginning. Knowing how and where to fit AI into your business to gain the most benefits is crucial to drive growth.
SAS® in the Open Ecosystem
Analytics professionals can create, experiment, test and deploy analytics using different methods, languages and skill sets – within one cohesive platform – while IT can easily govern all analytical assets in a centralized manner and scale big data processing power as needed.
Machine Learning With SAS® Enterprise Miner™
Learn how SAS modelers prepared data and applied different machine learning techniques to create and identify the most accurate model for predicting churn using KDD Cup data.
- Webinar AI for Supporting Vaccine Adverse Event ReportingThis webinar is focused on using artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to tackle big data related to vaccine development.
- Webinar How Do I Get Started With SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning?Learn the components with a live demonstration.
- Webinar How the Brain of an AI/IoT System Processes Industrial IntelligencePeek inside the mind of the machine to learn how artificial intelligence and IoT technologies think.
- Webinar An Artificial Intelligence Framework to Combat Human Trafficking How text analytics and visualization can shine a light on one of the most pressing human rights issues of our time.
Data, Analytics & AI: How Trust Delivers Value
The annual Data and Analytics Global Executive Study with MIT Sloan Management Review looks at how 2,400 global business leaders make decisions based on analytics insights.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020
- Webinar Keys to the Kingdom: The Necessity of Analytics in Gaming and HospitalityLearn how to apply analytics to the data you already have to capitalize on the digital transformation, improve the customer experience and boost your bottom line.
- Analyst Report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide General-Purpose Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms 2019 Vendor AssessmentThis IDC MarketScape evaluated general-purpose AI platforms. General-purpose artificial intelligence software platforms provide the functionality to analyze, organize, access, and provide advisory services based on a range of structured and unstructured information.
- E-Book Getting started with ModelOpsDeployment - the infamous "last mile" of analytics - is a challenge, with many develoment projects never being deployed at all. Explore how ModelOps can help by redefining how you deploy models.
- E-Book 5 Steps to Accelerate Value From Your Industrial IoT Data This e-book features five steps industrial leaders can follow to get more value from IIoT data. It describes how to craft a comprehensive IIoT strategy, what to look for in an edge-to-enterprise analytics solution, and how to evaluate IIoT solutions.
- Article Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- Article What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
- Customer Story Health breakthroughs driven by DNA analysisCommunity-based genetics study uses SAS machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve population health in Nevada.
How to Take AI Projects From Start to Win
The four pillars of starting a successful AI program and examples of how other organizations have taken their AI projects from start to finish.
- Webinar Synergize Your Tech Stack to Realize AI’s Full Potential Learn how organizations get exponential impact through a layered AI technology stack.
- Webinar How Do You Use Open Source With SAS Event Stream Processing?Learn how to use SAS with open source to extract value from streaming data.
- Article Detect and prevent banking application fraudSince credit fraud often starts with a falsified application, it makes sense to have analytics-driven tools in place to detect fraud from the earliest point and across the life of the account.
Predictive Analytics in Practice
This Harvard Business Review Insight Center report features 25 articles focusing on how to use predictive analytics in decision making and planning. Look at emerging best practices in the field, as well as examples of companies that use analytics in particularly innovative ways.
- Webinar Building the AI-Powered OrganizationLearn how to make the most of the promise of AI across your entire organization.
- Article The untapped potential in unstructured textText is the largest human-generated data source. It grows every day as we post on social media, interact with chatbots and digital assistants, send emails, conduct business online, generate reports and essentially document our daily thoughts and activities using computers and mobile devices.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020.
- White Paper AI Momentum, Maturity & Models for Success: Focus on SingaporeAdvances in data and analytics have enabled early adopters of AI to grow beyond experiments and quick hits and provide examples for paths to success with AI.
Enhancing AML Efficiency and Effectiveness
Celent discusses how banks are adopting artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotic process automation, including the benefits and key lessons learned. The paper explores considerations for AI adoption and future benefits for the AML industry.
- Article Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream ProcessingLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Customer Story Analytics turns service repair data into cost savingsAmerican Honda turns to SAS to help make sense of warranty and service data.
- Webinar SAS Viya Architecture and Data Movement: A SAS Programmer’s OverviewExperienced SAS programmers can learn more about SAS Viya architecture and SAS Viya programming.
- Article Three steps for conquering the last mile of analyticsPutting your analytical models into production can be the most difficult part of the analytics journey. It’s no surprise that this last mile of analytics – bringing models into deployment – is the hardest part of digital transformation initiatives for organizations to master, yet it’s the most crucial.
TDWI Checklist Report | Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoT
The IoT extends digital customer experience to physical customer experience and customer journeys for ultimate brand distinction. This TDWI Checklist Report, sponsored by SAS, outlines six best practices for data professionals and practitioners when using IoT to improve customer experience.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics can detect and prevent insurance fraud before losses occur
- Customer Story North Carolina gets tougher on crimeLaw enforcement and criminal justice officials in North Carolina improved data access with an annual savings of $12 million.
The Machine Learning Primer
This e-book provides a primer on machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing and cognitive computing, as well as 10 best practices and a checklist for machine learning readiness.
- Webinar To Err is Human. So is AI.Learn how to manage uncertainty in AI by improving transparency and accountability.
- Customer Story Financial lender cuts third-party fraud by more than 80% with layered detectionAxcess Financial uses SAS Identity 360 to dramatically reduce fraud losses and boost customer satisfaction.
- Article Machine learning, Michael J. Fox and finding a cure for Parkinson’sUsing machine learning, data scientists developed a model that can help doctors accurately predict Parkinson's disease progression and start treatment earlier, when it will have greater impact.
- Webinar Machine Learning Models in SAS Event Stream Processing Ready to use machine learning and streaming analytics to uncover insights at the edge and make real-time, intelligent decisions in the cloud? Our expert is ready to show you.
- Article Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
The 3 R’s of AI Adoption: Refactor, Reinvent, Reimagine
Learn how organizations are using AI to refactor, reimage and reinvent business as usual. Understand the relative impacts on business process, analytics and data practices, and DevOps at each level of adoption.
- Article Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowMachine learning and fraud analytics are critical components of a fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to get started – from integrating supervised and unsupervised machine learning in operations to maintaining customer service while defending against fraud.
Analytics Across the Student Life Cycle
Why higher education institutions need to implement data integration, data visualization and analytics solutions. It then shares best practices for applying these technologies across the student life cycle and examples of how schools are using these technologies to improve decision making.
- Customer Story Partnership delivers powerful lessons for energy retailerRed Energy uses SAS Results to help launch its battery and solar operation.
- Webinar Five AI Insights – And How Executives Can Use Them for Their AdvantageLearn insights, tips and proven practices from top leaders on the very front lines of the AI revolution.
- Customer Story Customer engagement blooms with analytics and AIInnovative marketing campaigns lead to improved customer retention and loyalty at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
© 2020, Forrester Research, Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. Information is based on best available resources. Opinions reflect judgment at the time and are subject to change. Forrester®, Technographics®, Forrester Wave, RoleView, TechRadar, and Total Economic Impact are trademarks of Forrester Research, Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective companies. Unauthorized copying or distributing is a violation of copyright law. To purchase reprints of this document, please email email@example.com. For additional information, go to www.forrester.com.