Innovation is all in the approach.
We take big ideas that shape the future and make them bigger.
SAS doesn't settle for ordinary innovation. We put thought and research into ideas that matter – and then create analytics solutions that improve your business.
Tomorrow's technology, happening today.
AI applies machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing and other technologies to bring learning and automation to machines.
Learn more about AI
The Internet of Things
Everyday objects – from industrial machines to wearable devices – use built-in sensors to gather data and take action on it. SAS Analytics helps glean knowledge from that data for instant insights.
Learn more about IoT
Beefutures & SAS
Beefutures uses visual analytics and machine learning to help protect and support healthy bee populations.
Lockheed Martin & SAS
Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missions.
As analytics evolves and your industry transforms, our guiding principles remain the same, providing an internal compass that can inform your approach to data and analytics and fuel your successful digital transformation. Oliver Schabenberger Executive Vice President, COO & CTO SAS
Explore More on This Topic
- Interview How does a center of excellence really work?At the Cincinnati Insurance Companies, analytics is bridging the gulf between IT and business units and leading by example to form common measures and objectives.
- Interview Is open data the next step in digitization?Norwegian Tax Director Hans Christian Holte has seen how the state benefits from opening data sources to public analysis. How could it benefit you?
- Article A police force of our timeLike many countries, the crime and threats that Denmark faces are developing at a rapid pace. The police have to do more with fewer resources, just like the rest of the public sector. The police’s strong professional culture, which focuses on team spirit and on acting in dangerous situations, must be supplemented with new competences.
- Webinar Machine Learning Models in SAS Event Stream Processing Discover how to use machine learning and streaming analytics to uncover insights and make real-time decisions.
- Webinar How the Brain of an AI/IoT System Processes Industrial IntelligencePeek inside the mind of the machine to learn how artificial intelligence and IoT technologies think.
- Webinar Artificial Intelligence of ThingsIn a world that has more connected devices than humans, see how AI amplifies the value and potential of the Internet of Things.
- Webinar Bring AI Capabilities to Life with Natural Language Processing and Text AnalyticsDiscover steps you can take to realize the promise of AI.
- Webinar SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning: Getting StartedNew users will learn what SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning is, and what it can do.
- Webinar How Do I Get Started With SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning?Learn the components with a live demonstration.
- Improving Machine Learning With SAS Contextual AnalysisIf your organization is buried in too many text documents, you can’t read your way out of it. Make sense of all your text data - SAS Contextual Analysis.
- Webinar Taking IoT to the edge with the Analytics of ThingsTaking advantage of the Internet of Things means thinking about your analytics approach in a whole new way. This on-demand webinar explains how.
- Webinar SAS® Viya® and the cloud: How SAS is changing the game it inventedJoin this webinar to learn how to make the most of cloud migration with SAS Viya.
- Interactive Predictive Modeling with SAS Visual StatisticsIf you want to make the best decisions from diverse data, you need to consistently ask the right questions.
- Demystifying In-Memory AnalyticsSAS In-Memory Analytics is built for speed. It enables you to access unstructured and structured data and tackle complex analytical computations blazingly fast. But it doesn’t end there.
- Webinar Real-Time Connected Customer Experiences – Easier Than You ThinkGrowth in today’s hyper competitive marketplace is driving intense focus on digitally transforming the customer experience – and for good reason.
- Webinar Improving Manufacturing Quality and Asset Performance With Industrial IoTDiscover how new real-time analytics approaches are driving next-generation manufacturing performance.
- Fighting Worst Practices With Forecasting Automation This webinar shows you how to conduct FVA analysis, and illustrates some of the good and bad practices you may discover at your own company.
- Webinar Certification: AI and Machine Learning Professional Credential Overview Learn tips for success in earning the SAS® Certified AI and Machine Learning Professional credential.
- Deep Learning for Natural Language ProcessingWatch this webinar to learn what deep learning is and how its techniques are being applied to natural language processing.
- Implementing AI systems with Interpretability, Transparency and TrustDiscover how machine learning and data visualization can be applied during the AI life cycle, specifically in pre-modeling, modeling and post-modeling stages.
- Webinar From Data Complexity to Data Cohesion: The Evolving Role of the Chief Data OfficerLearn how the CDO can lead the transition from merely collecting data to capitalizing on it
- Webinar Building the Foundation for Analytic SuccessLearn about organizational best practices for analytics and what it takes to build a thriving analytics culture.
- Webinar The Last (and Arguably Most Important) Mile of Machine Learning: Operationalizing Analytical ModelsLearn why integrating analytics as part of an operational business process is a critical step
- Webinar People-Centered Design Principles for AI ImplementationLearn how to make the most of short- and long-term goals around your deep learning initiatives.
- Webinar Solving the Analytics Puzzle From BI to AILearn how you can put together a picture of analytics that enables you to uncover deeper insights and deliver more value.
- Webinar Finding the Sweet Spot: The Nexus of Data, Analytics and Business StrategyLearn how to clearly outline your data and analytics strategies – and then put them into action.
- Webinar Determining the FATE of AIJoin us as we explore ways to consider AI fairness, accountability, transparency and ethics (FATE) and how to address these issues as you grow your AI strategy.
- Webinar The promise of data fabrics for analytics and better decisionsDiscover how to make analytically driven decisions and realize the value of data assets.
- Webinar Solving the Analytics Puzzle From BI to AI: Illustrated SolutionsSee clear illustrations of how to combine analytics capabilities to solve any data-driven challenge.
- Webinar The SAS Platform: The Power of Choice and Control Learn how the SAS Platform empowers you with choice and control, helping you uncover insights from any data for better, faster decisions.
- Webinar Five Imperatives for the Analytic ExecutiveLearn what it takes to capitalize on the analytics economy and generate substantial business value.
- Webinar Beyond Dashboards: Analytics in Action WebinarYou’ve got dashboards. So many dashboards. Some are even smart. What next?
- Webinar Automated ModelOps Life Cycle ManagementLearn how to improve model management and workflow management by ensuring that your tools, processes and environments are as efficient as they can be.
- Webinar How to Automate Modeling, Deployment and Governance at Scale With SASLearn how SAS® Viya® automates data preparation, feature engineering, algorithm matching, model training and more.
- Webinar Smart Hospitals 2.0: Making Real-Time Location a Reality in Health CareThis webinar, part of our Analytics in 20 series, discusses how real-time streaming analytics and IoT data can help hospitals improve operational decisions and workflow efficiency.
- Webinar Beyond Grid and Random Search: Tuning Deep Learning Pipelines With Genetic AlgorithmsExpand access to the essential black-box optimization technique and the range of its potential applications.
- Webinar Create a Resilient Data and Analytics Strategy to Make Informed Decisions in Uncertain Times Learn specific analytic strategies to weather the storm during hard times – and thrive after they’ve passed.
- Webinar How AI Demands Organizational Change: New Approaches to Collaboration, Technology and Trust Learn why it’s essential to take a hard look at current processes and structures before you can capitalize on the benefits of AI.
- Webinar ModelOps: Repeatable, Efficient Machine Learning At ScaleDiscover the core capabilities and tools to manage the model life cycle in a consistent, scalable manner.
- Webinar ModelOps: Common Questions and ChallengesLearn how to execute the model life cycle reliably and consistently.
- Webinar Keys to the Kingdom: The Necessity of Analytics in Gaming and HospitalityLearn how to apply analytics to the data you already have to capitalize on the digital transformation, improve the customer experience and boost your bottom line.
- Webinar Data Governance Doesn’t End Where the Cloud BeginsLearn why a strong data governance strategy is needed to support your move to the cloud.
- Webinar Data Science and the Art of PersuasionData scientists are trained to ask smart questions, wrangle data and uncover insights – but not to communicate what those insights mean for the business. Here’s how to fix it.
- Webinar Focused Digital Acceleration: Evolving Work vs. Removing CostExperimenting with AI, automation and other digital technologies but haven’t yet scaled these technologies to realize their full potential? This webinar is for you.
- Webinar Decisioning: Transformation’s Real DriverTune in to hear experts from SAS discuss how decisioning drives real-time interactions and automates operational decisions at scale
- Webinar Shark tales: Helping OCEARCH save sharks with data storytelling Join the Zencos team as it works with OCEARCH founder Chris Fischer to create a persuasive d ata story focused on a character no one wants at a beach party – the great white shark.
- Utilizing Big Data Analytics Hadoop It’s probably not news to you that Hadoop is becoming an essential part of using big data to make fact-based decisions. After all, “more data for less money” doesn’t really go unnoticed for long. But there are a few things to think about before moving forward with this cost-effective distributed storage and processing platform.
- In-Memory Statistics for HadoopSAS In-Memory Analytics is built for speed. It enables you to access unstructured and structured data and tackle complex analytical computations blazingly fast. But it doesn’t end there.
- Webinar Bridging the IoT Perception Gap: Information Technology vs. Operational TechnologyIn this primer on IT/OT, experts from HPE, SAS and Futurum Research will discuss the relationship, whether real or perceived, between these two collaborative groups in IoT.
- Webinar How AI and IoT Are Transforming ManufacturingJoin experts from SAS and mayato to learn how manufacturing operations can benefit from today's technologies, including artificial intelligence and the IoT.
- Webinar Partner with SAS IoT: What’s In It for YouJoin experts from SAS and Advanced Information Management to learn how SAS works with other leading companies to deliver edge-to-enterprise value from your IoT data.
- Webinar IoT Analytics at the Edge: Faster, Cheaper and SmarterJoin experts from 451 Research, Dell Technologies and SAS to learn how to unlock the significant advantages of processing and analyzing data at the edge.
- Webinar Make Your Models Move OutJoin experts from SAS and Accenture to learn how to augment your own intelligence and improve uptime using scalable data integration and advanced analytics.
- Webinar IoT: From the Enterprise to the Edge and BackJoin IoT experts from Cisco, Futurum Research and SAS as they discuss how to create an edge-to-enterprise IoT strategy in this 30-minute webcast.
- Unlocking Student Potential With Predictive AnalyticsLearn how predictive analytics helps teachers, counselors and student leaders make informed decisions that foster student academic growth.
- Webinar Breaking Away From the Pack With the Artificial Intelligence of ThingsIndustry experts share their insights on a new global study that explores the business impact of combining AI and IoT.
- Webinar Unlock the Power of Industrial IoT With AnalyticsJoin experts from SAS, Siemens and Futurum Research discussing IIoT and analytics fundamentals in the age of Industry 4.0.
- Edge Analytics: The Future of IoTAchieve the scale and agility IoT demands as data processing moves to devices at the edge, and machine learning models generate faster insights.
- Webinar The Industrial Internet of Things: Secrets to Finding ROI TodayLearn how the industrial Internet of Things is uncovering new, real-world opportunities for cost savings and revenue growth every day.
- Webinar IoT Analytics: How to Make Your IoT Data Work for YouJoin Pinnacle Solutions and SAS to learn how you can use IoT analytics to make your IoT data work for you.
- Webinar Demand Planning During Uncertainty: Forecasts, Models & Manufacturing AnalyticsLearn how analytics helps manufacturers generate reliable, demand-driven forecasts and improve recovery efforts.
- Webinar How Do You Use Open Source With SAS Event Stream Processing?Learn how to use SAS with open source to extract value from streaming data.
- Webinar Zeroing in on property values with machine learningJoin us for a webinar focused on how Wake County and SAS built cloud-based machine learning models to accurately forecast the housing market and property values.
- Webinar Prime the Pump: An approach for better assessment of risk issues and unstructured data Learn how AI capabilities can help you organize and analyze unstructured data to better assess – and avoid – risks facing your business.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About NLPLearn about the technical requirements of natural language processing through the lens of IT management.
- Webinar Building the AI-Powered OrganizationLearn how to make the most of the promise of AI across your entire organization.
- Webinar Using New Tech to Break Down SilosLearn what companies are doing to communicate more effectively and make better decisions.
- Webinar To Trust AI, Understand AITo successfully deploy AI, you must first become familiar with the lexicon and learn about the role of foundational concepts such as trust and ethics.
- Webinar To Err is Human. So is AI.Learn how to manage uncertainty in AI by improving transparency and accountability.
- Webinar AI for Supporting Vaccine Adverse Event ReportingThis webinar is focused on using artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to tackle big data related to vaccine development.
- Webinar Model Explainability Discover how you can see into the black box and explain what is happening with your algorithms.
- Webinar Solving the Dilemma of Smart Things for IT LeadersDiscover the similarities between AI and IoT – and how together they help make organizations smarter, more innovative and more agile.
- Webinar Five AI Insights – And How Executives Can Use Them for Their AdvantageLearn insights, tips and proven practices from top leaders on the very front lines of the AI revolution.
- Webinar Synergize Your Tech Stack to Realize AI’s Full Potential Learn how organizations get exponential impact through a layered AI technology stack.
- AI Best Practices that IT Can SupportLearn what sets successful adopters of artificial intelligence apart from the rest
- What Marketers Need to Know About Artificial IntelligenceGet an overview of foundational artificial intelligence (AI) concepts and technologies marketers can use to improve customer experience.
- Webinar AI Snapshot: Three Key Developments Shaping AI Strategies Right NowTune in to hear AI experts unpack recent developments in AI and what they mean for software investments, resource allocation, talent recruitment and more.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About Computer Vision and GPUsHear from an IT director about the technical requirements and major considerations for deploying and supporting computer vision.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About ForecastingLearn about the technical requirements of forecasting through the lens of IT management.
- Webinar AI and Banking: Survey Reveals Success FactorsWhether you are a business or technology leader in banking, this must-attend webinar will give you a clearer, current, data-driven picture of the state of AI in banking and where it’s heading.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About OptimizationHear from an IT Director about the technical requirements and major considerations for deploying optimization in your computing environment.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About Machine LearningLearn about the technical requirements of machine learning through the lens of IT management.
- Webinar Leveraging APIs and DevOps With SASJoin us for a webinar and learn more about integrating data science into applications to improve your organizational effectiveness.
- The Future of Advanced Analytics in Clinical ResearchLearn about real-world use cases of data, advanced analytics, AI and IoMT helping life sciences companies accelerate development of life-changing therapies.
- Webinar Investigating Adverse Weather Effects on Electric Power DemandJoin experts from SAS and Solution Design Team to investigate the costs and benefits of traditional benchmarking weather normalization processes versus load normalization against the effects of weather.
- How Civilian Agencies Use Analytics to Address Mission Challenge AreasLearn how Deloitte and SAS can help democratize analytics so that agencies gain insight and productivity.
- Webinar Analytics to Fight Public Health ThreatsThis webinar discusses how data, analytics, epidemiological models and modernized contact tracing techniques can help safeguard public health.
- Webinar Exploring the Evolution of Data Transparency and Its Impact on Patient Outcomes Join us as our expert guests explore the evolution of data transparency, the maturity and challenges of the movement today, and what’s in store for the future.
- Webinar Supercharge Your SAS: Moving From Desktops to ServersJoin us for a one-hour webinar and demo to find out how to amp up your SAS® solutions by moving from a desktop to servers for better performance, new features and improved functionality.
- Real-World Evidence and the Convergence of Life Sciences and Health CareLearn more about where these two industries intersect as the application of AI and advanced analytics matures, including several use cases.
- Webinar Big Benefits, Scalable Price: The SAS Cloud-Based Clinical Platform for SMBs Learn how small-to-midsize pharmas, biotechs, medical device manufacturers and CROs can benefit from a compliant cloud-based solution to facilitate clinical trials.
- Webinar Trends in Marketing Analytics: Intro to Artificial Intelligence & Machine LearningFind out what you need to know about these new technologies and how they can help you make data- and metrics-driven marketing decisions.
- Webinar Get an integrated analytics platform for your midsized company in weeks with SAS Unified InsightsExperts from IDC, Core Compete and SAS will discuss best practices for the effective use of analytics and demo a fast, affordable and complete cloud deployment solution for midsize organizations.
- Webinar Creating PDF Reports That Meet Accessibility Compliance StandardsJoin us for this webinar to see how SAS® 9.4M6 lets programmers create PDF reports that fully meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 requirements.
- Webinar Taking Microsoft Office From Good to GreatLearn how to use SAS to enhance the security, reporting and analytical capabilities of Office while eliminating data size restrictions.
- Analytics Drives Innovation in RetailDavid Kiron from MIT Sloan Management Review and Dan Mitchell from SAS discuss results of a global research study on how analytics drives innovation in retail.
- Using Modern Analytics to Foster Old-Fashioned Loyalty in Tar Heel Sports FansLearn how UNC Athletics and The Rams Club are using analytics to deepen existing relationships and broaden a long-standing tradition of loyalty.
- Webinar Let’s Get Visual: Are You Ready for Next-Gen Demand Planning?Learn how top brands are reinventing demand planning to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Automating Analytics With Artificial IntelligenceIntel and SAS experts explore the computing advances behind AI and how organizations advance business using both machine and human intelligence
- Webinar SMB Success With Digital Transformation (DX) InitiativesJoin us to learn from your SMB peers and get useful advice as they share recent DX success.
- Edge-to-Enterprise IoT Analytics With Cisco Kinetic and SAS® Viya®Join us for a webinar and demo showcasing the latest advances in IoT architecture, combining Cisco’s networking, edge and data center infrastructure with SAS streaming and advanced analytics capabilities.
- Webinar Big Data and the Retail RevolutionLearn how retail pioneers around the world are turning to data and analytics to design customer experiences and unlock a new world of opportunity.
- Webinar Optimizing Manufacturing Quality and Yield With SAS Analytics Join us to learn how SAS advanced analytics can help manufacturers identify leading causes of unwanted variation and recommend optimal set points to maximize quality.
- Predictive Modeling and DeploymentThe sooner organizations focus on implementing predictive modeling and machine learning, the sooner they can achieve true business value.
- Webinar Predicting Customer Value Using Advanced Analytics Learn how advanced analytics and predictive models give you a clear view of your customer’s lifetime value.
- Webinar 5 Ways to Maximize Your Analytics ROILearn how to effectively communicate the value of your analytics investments to ensure they get full credit for their positive affect on ROI.
- Webinar Building Trust in Data and AI: How IT and Analytics Leaders Can Partner to Drive InnovationWhy cross-functional collaboration – especially between CIOs and analytics leaders – is key to maximizing the value of AI and analytics.
- Webinar Introduction to Hierarchical Linear Models Using PROC MIXEDThis presentation provides a conceptual understanding of hierarchical linear models and their appropriate use in the analysis of hierarchical data structures.
- Webinar Have Your Cake and Eat It Too – Using Open Source With SASJoin us for a webinar and demo and learn how SAS works with R and Python to easily scale your data science efforts for enterprise analytics deployment.
- Practical AI: 3 simple, implementable use casesJoin us for a webinar focused on AI use cases surrounding computer vision, natural language processing, and forecasting and optimization.
- Employee Safety and Incident Management: Can Analytics Help With Prevention?Join us for a webinar and demo with experts from First Analytics and SAS to see how your organization can use analytics to prevent incidents, accidents and equipment failures.
- Retail Analytics: Get Apparel Sizes Right to Solve Markdown ProblemsIndustry experts from SAS and Quantworks share how analytics can help tackle issues that dog nearly every retailer: out-of-stocks, markdowns and lost sales.
- Webinar SAS Cloud – Supercharge Your SAS Development in MinutesJoin us for this webinar to learn how SAS developers can use SAS Cloud to provide exceptional value to their organizations faster and more easily than ever before.
- Machine Learning Overview Discuss the principles of machine learning, the multidisciplinary nature of data analysis and the traditional methods used in machine learning applications.
- Best Practices: Enterprise Reporting and AnalyticsHear best practices and lessons learned while modernizing and implementing enterprise reporting and analytics systems at academic institutions.
- Webinar Starting Your Cloud Analytics JourneyTake your analytics skills to new heights with this introduction to cloud analytics. Learn directly from expert Manish Jain of Stratacent.
- Identifying the Next Best Action in Health Care Hear use cases from companies who have used advanced analytics to improve quality, patient satisfaction and efficiency.
- Taking People Analytics from Good to Great: Best Candidate AnalysisLearn how human resources professionals can use advanced analytics to become strategic partners within the business.
- Webinar Analytics 101: Part 1Curious about how your small to midsize business could benefit from analytics but not sure where to start? This is the perfect webinar for you!
- Webinar Cloud-Based Retail Analytics for Next-Gen Merchandise PlanningLearn how top brands are using new technology to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar Creating Accessible Reports With SAS Visual Analytics in SAS ViyaJoin us for this webinar to learn how you design modern, interactive reports that meet the standards for digital accessibility.
- Webinar The Robots Are HereJoin us to learn how Deloitte and SAS can help empower public servants and drive mission success with robotic and intelligent automation.
- Taking People Analytics From Good to Great: Skills Gap AnalysisLearn how to combine internal and external data using SAS to create a 360-degree view of an employee’s skills and competencies.
- Elevating Stress Testing Beyond Regulatory ComplianceExperts examine the evolution of stress testing and what all financial institutions need to do now to prepare for the next phase of scenario-based risk management.
- Webinar Machine Learning and SAS Viya Deliver Next-Generation Retail Assortment Optimization When it comes to optimizing localized assortments, innovative approaches using machine learning forecasts, basket analysis and transferable demand are essential.
- Webinar The Do’s and Don’ts of People AnalyticsJoin our experts as they share best practices and practical advice gleaned from helping hundreds of clients succeed with people analytics.
- Taking People Analytics From Good to Great: Predicting Employee TurnoverLearn how to use all your available data to better understand the factors that contribute to turnover.
- Webinar Model Deployment and Management: What You Didn’t Learn About Machine Learning in SchoolCreate the most value from machine learning by establishing automated and collaborative model management and governance processes.
- Webinar Retail & COVID-19: Charting a Path Forward With AnalyticsHear how customers are navigating retail’s new challenges and charting a new path forward with analytics.
- Webinar Artificial Intelligence With a Human TouchLearn how to use chatbots with artificial intelligence to create greater human resources efficiency and insight.
- Webinar The Importance of a Unified Decisioning Platform for Midmarket BanksLearn more about key industry trends and the shifting analytics landscape as midmarket banks seek to compete on digital transformation and customer experience.
- Webinar The Impact Series: Bringing AI to Life in Health and Life SciencesLearn about the latest breakthroughs and hear industry use cases where data and analytics are driving innovation and evolution in health and life sciences.
- The Role of Analytics in Public Sector InnovationHear a discussion about results of a global research study on how analytics drives innovation in industry, as well as the public sector.
- Webinar How Top Brands Are Embracing Next-Gen Markdown OptimizationLearn how top retailers are using new technology to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Manufacturing Innovation Through AnalyticsA recent, multiyear study by the MIT Sloan Management Review uncovered new insights into the way innovation through analytics is changing manufacturing. From creating unprecedented efficiency and growth through real-time data analysis, to the development of new algorithms that augment processes and create innovative new business strategies.
- Building an Analytical Culture for Success: How to Create a New Data LandscapeAny organization with massive amounts of data needs an analytics strategy. And culture is a key part to its success.
- Big Data Virtualization with Federation ServerWhile the number of data sources organizations face is rapidly increasing, the cost to store data has never been cheaper. This trend – as well as big data technologies like Hadoop – has led to more valuable insights for organizations.
- Webinar SAS on Google Cloud Platform and Big QueryInnovative retail companies are moving analytics to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Big Query. How can you modernize SAS with a GCP cloud migration?
- Analytics and MillennialsPropel your company into the future by reaching out to the next generation of analytical talent.
- Analytics as a Source of Banking Innovation Learn why data governance is becoming more and more important to analytical innovators
- How Cisco’s Chief Data Scientist Unleashed Customer Insight With SASJoin us to learn how Cisco’s chief data scientist used SAS Analytics to translate high-volume, multichannel data into marketing intelligence.
- Asset Performance Analytics on SAP HANALearn how SAS® Asset Performance Analytics and SAP HANA help you achieve production targets, lower operating costs and minimize safety risks.
- Webinar Data-Driven: Public Sector Fights COVID-19 With Data and Analytics This webinar focuses on the key roles data and analytics play in governments’ pandemic decision making, including creating real impact through contact tracing.
- Webinar Beyond the Coronavirus: Technology’s Role in Building Resilient Health Care SystemsJoin us for this Economist Events webinar to examine ways policymakers can use AI and machine learning to help health care systems prepare for global emergencies.
- Webinar Securing Growth for SMBs: How Analytics Makes a DifferenceJoin experts from SAS, Quantworks and the National Center for the Middle Market as they share insights on how SMBs can use analytics to drive business growth in any economy.
- Webinar Do your homework for a successful SAS9 to SAS Viya MigrationJoin experts from SAS, IBM Power Systems and Boemska and learn how to prepare for a successful migration on an architecture that meets your current and future needs.
- Webinar How Cleveland Clinic Uses Medical Resource Optimization to Fight Pandemics Join experts from SAS and Teradata to learn how the Cleveland Clinic is using analytics to make insight-driven decisions to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Webinar How Communications & Media Brands Use AI to Thrive in the Never-NormalLearn how AI and automation can help communications providers and media companies adapt swiftly to major changes in demand, needs and market conditions.
- Webinar Analytics 101 – Part 3Join us for part three of our webinar series focused on the best practices for the application and deployment of predictive modeling.
- Webinar How Can SAS Make Me a Premier Data Scientist?Join seasoned data scientists as they discuss lessons they've learned and skills they've perfected.
- Webinar SAS Certified Professional: AI & Machine LearningGet tips on AI technologies, from computer vision to forecasting and optimization.
- Webinar Confidently Reopen Campus: Contact Tracing Strategies for Higher EducationThis webinar features a use case and discusses the role of data management and data visualization in reopening university campuses in the age of COVID-19.
- Webinar Cluster Analysis: Introduction to Best PracticesJoin a SAS expert to learn some of the best practices to consider when doing cluster analysis, particularly when applied to customer relationship management.
- Webinar Analytics 101 – Part 2Join us for a deeper dive into analytics and learn how to use AI and machine learning techniques to gain meaningful insights from unstructured text.
- Webinar Model Selection Techniques Into SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise MinerThis presentation will answer the what, why and how on model selection. We will take a look at the criteria and techniques used for model selection.
- Webinar SAS Optimization on SAS Viya: Getting StartedIn this presentation, you’ll get coding examples for linear programming, mixed integer linear programming, nonlinear programming and network optimization.
- Webinar Introduction to Survival Data MiningThis webinar will discuss topics such as building models for time-dependent outcomes derived from customer event histories, accounting for competing risks and incorporating time-dependent covariates.
- Webinar Causal Inferences: An IntroductionData analysts and statisticians can learn how causal inference helps explain whether results can be attributed to a given cause in varied situations.
- Webinar Data Preparation Best Practice Approaches for Deriving Better Insights From AnalyticsExplore data preparation ideas to help drive better insights from analytics. This webinar is for data scientists, data engineers, data stewards and analysts.
- Webinar Dashboarding in SAS Visual Analytics with Data Science in Mind If you want to fully take advantage of SAS® Visual Analytics – and provide a compelling visual data story for your audience – embrace what data science can do.
- Webinar Best Practices for Data Scientists and Analysts: Communicating Your ResultsThis webinar will introduce some of the best practices to consider when presenting your analytics findings to colleagues and decision makers.
- Webinar SAS Modeling Best Practices This session provides general guidelines for accessing and determining the best modeling methodology or methodologies for a given business issue.
- Webinar A Tour of SAS® Viya® Programming and Application Interfaces: A Forest Modeling Example Join us to learn how to accomplish the same forest modeling in SAS Viya using a variety of programming and application interface methods.
- Webinar Q&A: Understanding the Spread of COVID-19 With Analytics and Data ScienceThis webinar features a conversation on contact tracing and population movement for better public health and policy decision making.
- Webinar How Do You Use Events to Improve Your Forecasts in SAS Viya Visual Forecasting?Learn how to use Events in SAS Visual Forecasting to have a simple but powerful tool to improve the accuracy of your forecasting models.
- Webinar Successful Demand Forecasting During the Uncertainty of COVID-19Learn how Quantworks and SAS helped a national consumer goods client adapt to swift changes in demand and create actionable forecasts in a time of unprecedented flux.
- Webinar Evidence-Based Decision Making With AnalyticsThis webinar, part of our "Analytics in 20" series, will take a look at how analytics helps health care agencies make the types of rapid, data-driven decisions needed to manage increasingly complex programs.
- Webinar What’s New in SAS® Studio 5.2?Get an in-depth view of the SAS Studio 5.2 interface and utilities.
- Webinar Beyond Coronavirus: How Can the Government Do More With Less?Learn how government agencies stretch budgets and resources using data-driven technologies, including AI and machine learning
- Webinar Why Do I Have Missing Data and How Do I Fix it?Learn how to handle missing values in your data.
- Webinar How Can I Visualize Global COVID-19 Survey Data?Analytics can be a tool in the fight against COVID-19. Learn to prepare data for analysis and how to create reports from your data using SAS® Visual Analytics.
- Webinar What Makes a Successful Vehicle-to-Everything Data Exchange Platform Efficient and Effective?This webinar examines how to best harness advances in technology, sensors, IoT and big data to make connected and autonomous vehicles a reality
- Webinar How Do You Use SAS® to Access Data and APIs From the Web?Learn how to access data and APIs from internet sources, all from within your SAS programs.
TDWI Checklist Report | Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoT
The IoT extends digital customer experience to physical customer experience and customer journeys for ultimate brand distinction. This TDWI Checklist Report, sponsored by SAS, outlines six best practices for data professionals and practitioners when using IoT to improve customer experience.
The Autonomous Grid in the Age of the Artificial Intelligence of Things
Explore how AI and IoT work together to deliver everything from improved threat detection to better customer engagement for utilities.
- E-Book Operationalizing AnalyticsExplore how to overcome difficulties related to data and operationalizing analytics. We’ll also look at how one industry – banking – has been able to realize the full benefit of its analytics investment.
- White Paper Using a Hybrid Open Source and Commercial Analytics EcosystemAs more companies make the move to advanced analytics such as machine learning, they will need to decide whether to use open source, commercial products, or a combination of the two. An analysis in this TDWI report shows there are benefits to utilizing both.
Operationalizing Analytics for Business Value
Although organizations put considerable emphasis, investment and resources into the model development stage of the analytics life cycle, operationalizing the model is often overlooked. That can lead to project failure or increase the amount of time needed to deploy a model.
This TDWI Pulse Report focuses on operationalizing analytics models in order to help organizations take action and gain value.
- E-Book The new analytics ecosystemMany organizations are struggling to evolve their current analytics ecosystem, with disparate groups working across multiple technologies and tools. We surveyed more than 1,000 organizations to determine their level of adoption of technology to evolve their analytics ecosystem. In this e-book, you’ll learn the results of our survey and the three approaches to analytics that deserve your attention
- White Paper ModelOps: Maximizing Value Across the Analytics Life CycleLearn how “ModelOps,” an emerging analytics methodology, can help organizations operationalize the full analytics life cycle at scale.
- White Paper Faster Insights from Faster DataExamines where organizations are facing barriers to getting relevant data into the right condition for analytics, for developing artificial intelligence (AI) programs, and for delivery to users who need insights in time to solve business problems.
Data Analytics at the Edge
451 Research explores the value of diverse IoT data that is processed and analyzed at the edge in environments like T&D facilities, oil fields and manufacturing shop floors.
- E-Book Streaming analytics: Life happens fast. Are your analytics keeping up?Download this free e-book to find out what streaming analytics is, the unique opportunities it can address and five key success factors for planning your streaming analytics program.
- E-Book Formidable ForecastsWith artificial intelligence capabilities and traditional forecasting processes, it’s possible to create efficiencies by automating the production of large-scale time-series analyses and hierarchical forecasts.
- E-Book Accelerate and improve business outcomes with AIoTOrganizations across multiple industries are using AIoT to improve quality, maximize equipment performance, improve efficiencies and more. Download this e-book to find out how you can reap the same benefits.
Make every voice heard with natural language processing
Natural language processing: The communication link between human and machine intelligence.
Industrial Transformation: Architecture and Analytics Just the Beginning
According to industry analyst firm LNS Research, industrial transformation means something different for every manufacturing organization. But it always incorporates essential concepts, including cross-disciplinary collaboration and alignment of processes, managing data from device to cloud, extensive sharing of enterprise data and the ability to use it, advanced analytics and app development, and more.
- White Paper How AI Changes the RulesReaping the benefits of AI will require changes in workplace structures, technology strategies and technology governance. Read on to learn more about the changes that leaders must prepare for to successfully implement trusted AI.
- White Paper Artificial Intelligence in Banking and Risk ManagementGlobal Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) and SAS survey drew more than 2,000 responses from across the financial services industry to answer questions about the current and future state of AI in risk.
Data, Analytics & AI: How Trust Delivers Value
The annual Data and Analytics Global Executive Study with MIT Sloan Management Review looks at how 2,400 global business leaders make decisions based on analytics insights.
Refactoring Analytics for the Cloud
Fast-track selected analytics into the could by leveraging expertise, using the latest methods, and focusing on the end state. Find ways to create more business value with analytics in the cloud – and ways to get there faster.
- E-Book Getting started with ModelOpsDeployment – the infamous "last mile" of analytics – is a challenge, with many development projects never being deployed at all. Explore how ModelOps can help by redefining how you deploy models.
- White Paper Building the Data-Intelligent Enterprise: Tap the Power of Technology and PartnersThe value of an intelligent enterprise is clear, but operationalizing analytics can be a long and complex journey. There is no magic bullet or singular solution. Rather, it takes the support of strategic partnerships to create a cohesive strategy and deployment road map that will accelerate deployment and maximize value from analytics investments.
- White Paper What You Need to Know About Data & Digital TransformationCompanies need to know how to use data to meet client needs, hire the right talent, measure performance and communicate their brand’s promise. This collection will cover how to adopt and analyze data and use it as part of your digital transformation.
- E-Book Internet of Things: Understanding the JourneyWhether your focus is business outcomes or technology challenges, this guide provides the insights to accelerate your IoT journey.
Combining Robotic Process Automation and Machine Learning
Want to know how to make robotic process automation (RPA) smart? Add machine learning to it. While both technologies are components of artificial intelligence (AI), we tend to view them separately. Each adds business value on its own, but their combination is particularly useful.
- White Paper AI Momentum, Maturity & Models for Success: Focus on SingaporeAdvances in data and analytics have enabled early adopters of AI to grow beyond experiments and quick hits and provide examples for paths to success with AI.
- White Paper AI for the CIO: 10 Tips for SuccessSAS Whitepaper: 10 tips for the CIO who is knee-deep in digital transformation projects that require deploying AI models at an enterprise scale.
How to Take AI Projects From Start to Win
The four pillars of starting a successful AI program and examples of how other organizations have taken their AI projects from start to finish.
The secret to IT success? Enabling choice and control
SAS can support an organziation's journey toward becoming a data- and analytics-driven organization. We can help unlock the value by enabling with choices that make sense. Plus, we can show organizations how to get the most out of technology investments.
- E-Book Innovation: From data to businessReport on findings from a global expert interview study on the topic of analytics driven innovation; Peer insights to help navigate the journey from data to innovation.
Data, analytics and machine learning: The new frontier of fraud prevention
The Economist explores how global financial institutions are using advanced technologies such as machine learning to support fraud and security intelligence.
Seven trends that will transform banking
Advanced analytics and big data are enabling smarter decisions and more efficient processes, from credit to compliance and risk management.
Building your data and analytics strategy
Launch successful data analytics projects, improve data prep and go beyond conventional data governance. Read on to help your organization become truly
A history of hacking
The Economist explores the history of hacking and the evolution into today’s cybersecurity and fraud disruptions.
Risk Adjustment in Health Care Government Programs
With advanced analytics and machine learning, health care organizations can be more timely and confident in their risk adjustment programs, more effectively managing the cost of care and building a stable annual financial portfolio.
Operationalizing Analytics: What Is State-of-the-Art in Health Care and Life Sciences?
The potential for analytics to transform health care – to make it more personalized, intelligent, cost-efficient and effective – is immense. The question is, how will you move your organization forward to exploit the power of analytics?
How to Maximize the Impact of Your Analytics
Find out the results of our latest research, which revealed that the use of analytics is continuing to evolve in most organizations and that many organizations are on the path to using analytics strategically.
- E-Book Resilience: The best way to beat coronavirusTo be truly resilient means proactively seeking ways to ensure operational and financial stability no matter the circumstances. In this e-book, we explore digital transformation’s role in reimagining the world beyond COVID-19; how operational agility builds resilience; the five pillars of organizational resilience and more.
- White Paper Analytics for Everyone: Seven Tips for Promoting Analytics AdoptionChecklist Report on democratizing analytics.
- E-Book Governments leading through changeIn this e-book, SAS has collected the wisdom and stories of the government agencies that are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making. These stories are pulled from every sector of government and are relevant across all sectors because they each share innovative new ways to respond to a changing landscape.
- White Paper Four Elements of Sustainability AnalyticsDirectors at consumer-packaged goods manufacturers who embrace sustainability grow their revenue while improving lives and environmental outcomes.
- Protecting Endangered Species with AI SolutionsCan artificial intelligence protect endangered species from extinction? The answer may lie in their footprints. WildTrack researchers are exploring the possibilities of using AI to augment the process of animal tracking used by indigenous tribes and redefine what conservation efforts look like in the future.
- IOM uses analytics in Nepal earthquake relief
- Double the processing speed and greater analytic depthWith new SAS infrastructure, German bank doubles the speed of its analytics and simplifies its processes.
- Project Odyssey Uses SAS® Data Mining Software to Investigate European Gun CrimeProject Odyssey, a EU-funded research and development project, uses SAS to build a ballistic crime data sharing system.
- White Paper Business Analytics -- Six Questions to Ask About Information and Competition
- More taste through technologyOne of Italy's largest manufacturers of cold cuts uses software from SAS to produce accurate budgets and sales forecasts.
- White Paper Demand Planning Maturity Model
- DUNSRight™ gets scoring rightDun & Bradstreet can now prepare and analyze data for more than 3 million Czech and Slovak companies locally and in near-real time.
- Helping employees make smarter business decisions This major manufacturer in Japan reports cost savings and an uptick in business quality using SAS to unify various business intelligence systems.
- Can you run marketing campaigns cheaper, better and faster?Using advanced analytics that are now available through a point-and-click environment, Česká spořitelna's campaign managers can now perform the entire campaign process.
- The right inventory at the right timeDirect-selling giant improves replenishment time by 20 percent while customer satisfaction soars to 97 percent.
- Improving Utilities Collections Through Predictive Analytics
- Large metro county improves indigent adult services; supports policy changes and protects privacy with SASWith SAS, a large metropolitan county measures the costs and benefits of providing services and avoids duplicating services without compromising privacy.
- Customer Story Electric co-op forecasts demand and transmission needs NOVEC, a regional electricity cooperative, relies on SAS to forecast demand for power as well as for future infrastructure needs.
- Customer Story North Carolina gets tougher on crimeLaw enforcement and criminal justice officials in North Carolina improved data access with an annual savings of $12 million.
- Customer Story Q&A: Achieving big financial gains - quicklyInsurance companies uses SAS to help business partners generate revenue increases and maintain competitive edge.
- A better way to measure student achievementUsing SAS, school district exceeds achievement and growth benchmarks, with many schools in 90th percentile for academic performance.
- A skillful career moveThe University of Missouri is offering SAS Certification and MBA-level analytics courses to help meet the market's growing demand for skilled SAS users.
- The wild side of analyticsStatewide government agency enhanced the effectiveness of its conversation programs and activities using SAS.
- Leaving nothing to chance with SAS® AnalyticsAsia's leading gaming and entertainment resort increased response rate and decreased time spent creating reports from 166.5 hours per month to just 16 hours.
- Reduce report generation from weeks to secondsWith reporting times reduced to seconds, the bank keeps credit risk exposure at a minimum.
- Understand the propensity of your customers to defectSAS® Analytics helps EDF Energy know who will churn and why. The insights help this energy giant implement a highly successful marketing strategy to reduce churn.
- Building a more searchable librarySRA re-indexed collection in hours rather than months or years, categorized accurately 90 percent of the time versus 75 percent for human indexers.
- Analyzing online brand image improves marketingMajor European food and beverage manufacturer monitors online brand sentiment to gain useful consumer insights with help from SAS.
- Winning hearts and mindsSobeys, a national grocer operating in Canada, uses grocery analytics to take a local neighborhood approach to customer service.
- Analytic Strategies for the Customer-Centric Utility
- Meeting customer expectationsChubb Group increased marketing lift and gained a better understanding of which insurance niches to target by using SAS.
- Painting a national portrait with analyticsUsing analytics and business intelligence solutions, a government agency for a newly emerging country was able to process and analyze data to gain a more complete picture of the nation.
- Ensuring immediate, unhindered access to dataEurope's leading insurer gets a step ahead of competitors in Greece amidst significant change and reorganization.
- Focusing on the great outdoorsSAS helps a parks and wildlife department reach new demographics, operate more efficiently and sell more hunting and fishing licenses.
- White Paper Three's Company: The Benefits of Forecasting, Optimization and Simulation
- Customer Story Finding a smarter way to manage large data setsOptimizing for efficiency and profitability, CBE Group finds smarter ways to manage large data sets with SAS.
- Customer Story Building customer satisfaction with better network monitoringSAS Analytics helps a major telecom organization analyze traffic, anticipate problems and improve customer service.
- Manage municipal budgets with greater transparency, efficiencyBack to the future: The City of Wiesbaden, Germany, gets forward-looking budget management with SAS.
- Getting analysts up to speedWith this IT consultant's on-boarding plan, new SAS analysts complete their first live projects within three weeks and have a map for long-term success.
- See big data insightsData visualization helps Cosmos Bank executives immediately grasp the big picture in Taiwan.
- Using technology to keep the community safeWest Midlands Police uses SAS Data Management to get cleaner data, which means cleaner streets.
- High-Performance Analytics for The Smart Grid
- The Future Of Retail Analytics | EKN Benchmark Study | SAS
- Customer Story Data visualization: Pathway to better customer insightUsing visual analytics, a major retail group pinpoints key trends in customer data to boost merchandizing and loyalty efforts.
- Churn prediction, segmentation analysis boost marketing campaigns Churn prediction, segmentation analysis boost campaign take-up rates at Bangladesh's leading mobile provider.
- How to arm graduate students with real-world skillsSAS aids Oklahoma State University in educating the business analysts of the future.
- Providing free access to valuable census dataGovernment agency in Abu Dhabi streamlines census collection and increases availability.
- Turn unstructured content into business valueCreditreform uses text analytics to turn unstructured content into valuable business insights.
- Get more precision and detail on costs and business processesCESCE uses SAS® Activity-Based Management for greater precision and detail on costs and business processes.
- ERGO Insurance Group centralizes CRM with SAS for campaign management.Marketing from a customer perspective using SAS for campaign management.
Big Data in Big Companies
Analytics thought-leader Tom Davenport and Jill Dyché from SAS conducted an independent research study in early 2013 on Big Data Analytics Strategies for big companies. Their research (via multiple interviews) examined and described the big data analytics strategies of large SAS organizations that are early adopters of big data within their industries. During their 4 month study, Tom and Jill interviewed 20 companies which span across multiple industries.
- Knowing the who, informs the whatThe New Zealand Ministry of Health established the Virtual Data Registry to more accurately identify diabetes sufferers and citizens likely to contract diabetes. They'll use the database to inform policy and spending decisions that will ensure better care for those patients.
- Video UPS loves logistics and analyticsEver thought about what backs the intricate sorting, delivery and route process behind your receipt of a UPS package? See how the package delivery company moves from descriptive to predictive to prescriptive analytics in this video.
- Interview Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization technologies can help the practice of data-driven decision making really take hold. But putting data visualization software in the hands of business users? Is it crazy – or crazy smart?
- Big Data Drives Partnership
- Demand forecasts keep readers engagedUsing SAS demand-driven planning and optimization, library stocks enough copies of the right titles on its shelves.
- White Paper From Value to Vision: Reimagining the Possible with Data Analytics
- Customer Story Q&A: How hybrid fraud detection cut losses by 98%Special Tax Inspectorate uses multiple analytical techniques to expose even the hardest to find fraudsters.
- Self-service reporting, better decision making Analytics provide faster, easier way to use data for everyday decision making.
- Article Educating informed “intuitants"Today’s knowledge worker and future senior leader should be an “informed intuitant,” says Dr. Jay Liebowitz of the University of Maryland University College. Read more about a skill set that combines analytics and intuition – and how you can better develop it.
- Saving lives by studying dataThe Wake County (NC) EMS service worked with SAS to discover variables that predict when it makes sense to continue cardiac resuscitation without risk to brain function.
- Article How to create your own organizational think tank Analytics today is about looking to the future for answers. Two retail analytics leaders share their ideas for creating a smart team of diverse experts to shape your strategic focus.
- Article The role for big data in health care’s triple aimIndustry consultant Carolina Wallenius explains the future of health care and the role of analytics.
- White Paper Text Analytics in GovernmentHow can federal, state and local government agencies capture, manage, and use the massive volumes of unstructured text data available to them? This paper explores how agencies can invest in technologies such as text analysis to help them unlock insights hidden in their "big data."
- White Paper Desktop Forecasting for Small and Midsize Businesses
- White Paper Analytics in Sports: The New Science of Winning
- White Paper Heavy Reading: Advanced Predictive Network AnalyticsHeavy Reading reveals how predictive analytics gives service providers real-time visibility into their networks – boosting revenue potential and ensuring more satisfied customers, better targeted marketing, fine-tuned capacity planning and top-notch service assurance.
Eight Considerations for Utilizing Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
This paper focuses on eight considerations when it comes to applying big data analytics to extract value from Hadoop. Readers will learn about the importance of in-memory analytics, how to optimize the data preparation processes and the skill sets needed to derive benefits from Hadoop.
- Article Understanding data in motionLearn how to analyze fast-moving data streams on the fly with event stream processing.
- Article Amplify your data career with analyticsIf you're interested in a career in analytics, you'll need to consider if you have the temperament to match. Discover the questions you need to ask yourself, the first steps to set you on the right path and obstacles to avoid.
Demand shaping is commonly thought of in terms of demand manipulation. This paper provides an extended version of demand shaping that helps organizations understand the dynamics of both supply and demand.
- Article Big data and global developmentFind out how organizations are using online and mobile data to make the world a better place. The United Nation's Global Pulse team defines global development and explains how big data can help improve human welfare.
- Article Skip the fire drillsStop reinventing the wheel each time someone in your organization rings an alarm bell. Think people, process, technology and culture if you want to create repeatable models.
- Article The advanatges of an analytics cultureGen. Colin Powell and SAS experts focus on the topic of culture and how to change an organization’s DNA to meet the challenges of this brave, new analytics world.
- Article What coaching a new driver and developing an analytics culture have in commonEight lessons that apply equally to nurturing an organization's analytics culture and instructing a young driver how to safely navigate the open road.
- Article 10 tips for analytics successDo some crystal-ball gazing with Thornton May, a futurist with some bright ideas on how you and your organization can succeed in all your analytics endeavors.
- Article Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- Article How police forces can use data to prevent crimePolice need to be given better access to data that will drive actionable intelligence and free up time to concentrate on investigating crime on the front line rather than dealing with time-consuming administrative tasks behind the scenes
Big Data at Work
This Harvard Business Review Key Learning Summary explains how to capitalize on the data you already have and how to integrate big data into everyday business operations.
- White Paper How Analytics Improves Decision Making at the Department of Defense
- Article Why your brain needs data visualizationData visualization software gives you fast answers to your toughest question. In just minutes or seconds. On the fly. Find out how.
- Interview Real-world techniques for analyzing big dataWhat are the top two analytics techniques you should know for big data? And how are businesses modernizing for big data analytics? Find out in this interview with author and professor Bart Baesens.
- Article 10 design elements to consider before building an analytical modelWhen building a new analytical model, rushing headlong into construction is not a good idea. Careful planning and design will result in analytics you can trust.
- White Paper The Analytics Mandate
- White Paper Anatomy of an Analytic Enterprise
- Interview The big effects of big dataHow is big data affecting consumers? Is it making positive change in the public sector? What do younger generations think of big data? Find the answers in this interview with author and professor Bart Baesens.
- Article From lab to lifeOnce you've created your analytical model, you need to put it to use. Here are tips from finance industry experts to get your models in the hands of users.
- White Paper Eight Steps for Using Analytics to Gain Value from Text and Unstructured ContentThis TDWI Checklist Report discusses the relevance of text analytics for improving user experiences with the semi-structured and unstructured textual big data now at their disposal.
- White Paper Big Data, Analytics and HadoopSAS and Hadoop are natural partners. Hadoop provides distributed storage and processing power. SAS treats Hadoop as just another data source and complements it with data management, data discovery and advanced analytics. This conclusions paper highlights two ways you can work with Hadoop data from within a familiar and interactive SAS Analytics environment – either with the graphical user interface of SAS® Visual Statistics or streamlined programming via SAS In-Memory Statistics for Hadoop.
- Article Using Hadoop as an Analytics CatalystLearn how to get the most out of Hadoop by developing a sound strategy for analyzing data in this new storage environment.
- White Paper Getting There From Here: Moving Data Science Into the BoardroomStudy after study confirms the obvious: Companies that invest in big data analytics perform at a higher level and are more profitable than their not-so-data-driven counterparts. What data scientists can do to help instill a data-driven culture at the top leadership ranks of the company.
- Article Analytics drives innovationLearn the three distinct analytics maturity stages that an organization must reach before true innovation can become part of its culture.
Fast and Furious: Big Data Analytics Meets Hadoop
Conclusions paper from a presentation at the 2014 Strata Santa Clara big data conference, in which two SAS data experts demonstrated new ways of gaining insights from big data at speeds that will redefine how organizations solve complex problems
- Article Analytics at the edgeStreaming data from automobiles, medical devices, location apps and other "things" lives at the edge of the network, where it can be used to monitor existing conditions and evaluate future scenarios. Learn how organizations in multiple industries are finding opportunity in analyzing this data from the Internet of Things.
- Article Industrialize your analytics todayLearn how to use an analytics factory approach to incorporate more data into your systems and increase predictive analysis across your organization.
- Article Lessons from the trackDoes your organization have an analytics DNA? Here's a baker's dozen of tips for building a healthy, happy data-driven enterprise that can go the distance.
- White Paper Choosing New Slots? Here’s a Game-Changer.This conclusions paper presents highlights of a SAS webinar showing how a unique combination of data profiling, statistical forecasting and optimization can improve slot floor performance, utilization and patron satisfaction.
From Data to Action
This Harvard Business Review Insight Center report examines what your data may or may not be telling you. Featuring 30 articles from researchers and practitioners in data science, marketing, and other fields, the report offer guidelines on making good use of information and turning it into profitable behaviors.
SAS Analytics and Open Source
Explore how organizations balance open source solutions along with commercial software to meet the requirements for statistical analysis, both within their organizations and externally with regulatory bodies.
Text Analytics 2014: User Perspectives on Solutions and Providers
This report looks at why and how text analytics has found success in industries such as consumer-facing businesses, public administration and government, life sciences and scientific research. It also shares the findings of a comprehensive market study focused on user experiences with the technology.
Inside Sports Analytics
10 lessons that Thomas H. Davenport, Independent Senior Advisor for Deloitte Analytics, uncovered in research conducted on more than 25 professional teams effectively using analytics to improve performance and decision-making.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Hotels
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your hotel runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
Watching out for Worst Practices
Based on results from an IDG Research Services study, this paper explores how organizations are leveraging unstructured data – and what they must avoid.
- Analyst Report Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a Business Intelligence Solution, 2014–15
The Analytic Enterprise
Making sense of enterprise data takes the right people with the right skills - and a solid strategy. This paper outlines what successful organizations do to make data work for them.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Travel
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your travel organization runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
SAS Grid Computing – What They Didn’t Tell You
Join Austria’s Erste Group Bank on their journey from a monolithic SAS processing environment to a more flexible infrastructure using SAS Grid Manager software.
- Data-driven health careLearn how five health care providers are tackling global health issues with big data analytics.
Discovering What You Want: Using Custom Entities in Text Mining
Discovering the value from data can be complex – and that’s even more complicated when you focus on documents and other text information. While text analytics is an emerging field, applying advanced analytics technique to text data is a powerful means to uncover information concealed in document collections.
- Article Coming soon: The Internet of CarsFind out how personal transportation will change as the Internet of Things becomes a reality. At the Premier Business Leadership Series, Andreas Mai, Director of Smart Connected Vehicles for Cisco will preview what's coming next.
- White Paper Getting Value From Your Data ScientistsSimply hiring expensive data scientists isn’t enough. To create real business value with data scientists, top management must learn how to manage them effectively.
- Article Are you ready for your smart car?The Internet of Things presents a multitude of opportunities for the smart, connected car. And it has changed personal transportation forever.
Let Your Data Do The Talking
This article provides insight into how technology can help bridge the gap created by the impending retirement of large numbers of experienced personnel in the oil and gas industry. Find out the differences between the generations (X, Y and baby boomers) and their perceptions and expectations of technology. The authors explain the opportunities and challenges those expectations create for the industry as a whole.
Prepare Your Organization to Capitalize on Predictive Analytics
High-performing organizations take advantage of the power of analytics by channeling their efforts in four areas: focus, adopt, adapt and activate. This Harvard Business Review paper describes how to succeed in those areas, and overcome the barriers that get in the way of an ROI in analytics.
Using Next-Generation Advanced Analytics to Harness Big Data
Discover why Heavy Reading recommends using advanced analytics from proven vendors to obtain real-time intelligence from all your big data.
Predictive Analytics: Revolutionizing Business Decision Making
This TDWI e-book explores predictive analytics from several perspectives. First, it offers Q and A on the value, use and requirements of predictive analytics. Then, it explores three safeguards to help you avoid model-building problems.
The Art and Science of Reinsurance
This white paper explains how reinsurers can gain a competitive advantage by turning to technology for catastrophe modeling, data analytics and geospatial information systems (GIS) to better understand the data and their risk exposure.
Structured, Large-Scale Statistical Forecasting Using SAS® Forecast Server
As forecast accuracy continues to be a key focus area in organizations today. SAS Forecast Server is designed to automatically deliver high-quality statistical forecasts quickly and efficiently. However, in some cases the size and complexity of the business problem requires some tweaking of the settings available in SAS Forecast Server to cater for the specific characteristics of different parts of the data. This paper presents a structured approach to statistical forecasting that is both flexible and uses the full power of SAS® Forecast Server without compromising user friendliness and manageability.
The Use of Open Source is Growing. So Why Do Organizations Still Turn to SAS?
This conclusions paper summarizes a session at the 2014 Hadoop Summit presented by Brian Garrett, Principal Solutions Architect at SAS Institute Inc. titled, “With the Rise of Open Source, Why Organizations Still Turn to SAS.” In it, he explains why corporate analytics requirements are best served when companies run both SAS enterprise-class analytics solutions and open source solutions together. Garrett explains how these technologies meet different needs and co-exist well. He also highlights recent SAS software enhancements that allow analysts to incorporate R algorithms into analytic processes as part of a comprehensive, enterprise-class SAS analytics platform.
Closing the OODA Loop: Using Big Data and Analytics to Improve Decision Making
Compress decision cycles and operate proactively by assessing and clearly defining goals and timelines before applying analytics to your most valuable data.
The Analytics Mandate: The Future of Manufacturing
This manufacturing-focus report is based on the white paper: The Analytics Mandate.
Looking Inside SAS® Forecast Studio
Organizations depend on statistical forecasting to provide a solid foundation for many important planning and decision-making processes. SAS Forecast Server, which comprises a graphical user interface (SAS Forecast Studio) and the statistical forecasting engine (SAS Forecast Server Procedures), facilitates and speeds the forecasting process by providing a convenient, user-friendly interface to the large-scale automatic forecasting, model building and time series exploration capabilities available in SAS.
In this paper, Wayne Thompson, PhD, Manager of Data Sciences Technologies at SAS answers common questions about the types of recommendation systems used today, who uses them and why, and the advantages of using them for businesses today. He also delves into how the underlying technology typically works, with a special focus on SAS capabilities and benefits.
- Article Can sensing cities become thinking and responsive cities?In the vision of the sensing city, sensors will gather data to monitor everything from noise levels to water use, in real time and at a very granular level. Can the resulting data be analyzed to improve the lives of citizens?
Next-Generation Analytics and Platforms
What if you could move from data visualization to big data visualization? From slicing and dicing data to using analytics to predict outcomes? From using more than just structured data for analysis? This TDWI Best Practices Report focuses on how organizations use next-generation analytics to achieve this and more.
- Article Making sense of streaming data in the Internet of ThingsThe Internet of Things has changed our lives forever. Read about how streaming data in IoT works, and why it has caused such a shift in the analytics world.
- Article Big data and the Internet of Things: Two sides of the same coin?Big data and the Internet of Things are converging. Tamara Dull explains the relationship between the two terms and how they differ.
Predictive Analytics in Practice
This Harvard Business Review Insight Center report features 25 articles focusing on how to use predictive analytics in decision making and planning. Look at emerging best practices in the field, as well as examples of companies that use analytics in particularly innovative ways.
- Article Three reasons reporting and analytics projects fail and how to avoid the pitfallsLearn how to deal with three potential risk areas before you dive into a reporting and analytics project.
In-Memory Analytics: Get Faster, Better Insights from Big Data
This QA with Tapan Patel, Global Product Marketing Manager at SAS, provides a great overview of in-memory analytics.
TDWI Checklist Report: Seven Steps for Executing a Successful Data Science Strategy
This TDWI Checklist Report describes seven steps to get started on the path to a successful data science strategy. Data science is a hot topic among business and IT leaders. However, excitement about its potential benefits is tempered by the difficulty of finding, hiring and training data science personnel – not to mention defining the term within the context of your organization
The Analytics Mandate: The Best Products Are Made With Insights
To be successful, CPG companies must work with their retailer partners to maximize online awareness while minimizing its impact on other channels. As global consumption increases, investments must be managed in emerging markets while maintaining market share in mature markets. For CPG companies, it’s a constant balancing act and more than ever analytics is needed to gain business advantage.
How To Use Analytics to Create Health Care Value: An Executive Primer
US health care reform has digitized health care. Analytics holds promise in creating value from the growing stores of health care data but what are the critical executive considerations for applying analytics strategically? This paper presents how to tap into the great potential to use analytics to fish for insight from your growing data lakes.
- Intelligence for actionFind out how three different government agencies are using analytics to deter threats, combat crime and protect the public.
- Intelligence for actionFind out how three different government agencies are using analytics to deter threats, combat crime and protect the public.
- Series How to get the most value from your data scientistsHiring data scientists isn’t enough. This excerpt from an MIT Sloan report offers advice on how to best manage these analytic professionals.