Each year, wildfires ravage woodland and grassland communities across the globe. The state of California is no stranger to the threat of wildfire, falling victim to billions in damages, injury and even death each year. So, what better place for you to help combat the dangers of wildfire with analytics.
Join other analytics professionals and analyze historical wildfire data in this competitive hackathon. Help gain insight and understanding into the propagation of this dangerous natural phenomena.
During two sessions, Sunday night and Monday morning, hone your skills and work together as teams compete for prizes. You’ll have the opportunity to share your findings and offer thoughts on the conditions, causes and impacts of wildfire through analytics. Finalists will present during the conference Welcome Reception on Monday, Sept. 17.
What’s in it for you? We’re offering more than just good vibes for doing good for the local community.
You can win great prizes:
- Conference passes and travel grants to attend SAS® Global Forum 2019 in Dallas, TX, the largest global event for SAS professionals.
- Nintendo Switch bundles.
- Camera drones.
Important: Hackathon registration is complimentary and separate from conference registration.
Your AnalyticsX Hackathon Judges
- Pat Richards, Director of Big Data and Analytics, Intel
- Bob Hayes, PhD, Researcher, Blogger and President, Business Over Broadway
- Joseph Pomerville, Data Scientist, Institute for Health and Business Insight, Central Michigan University
- Ravi Shanbhag, Senior Director of Data Science, Solutions and Strategy, UnitedHealth Group