This workshop introduces the importance of forecasting and provides a demonstration of SAS Forecast Server.
Learn how to:
- Create a SAS Forecast Server project, define a hierarchy and automatically fit forecast models.
- Evaluate forecast accuracy and identify series for which accuracy is not satisfactory.
- Define promotion events and use events or calendar effects to improve forecast accuracy.
Introduction to SAS® Forecast Server
- What is forecast accuracy?
- What is the large-scale forecasting problem?
- What is hierarchical reconciliation?
- Define the business problem.
- Explore the data.
- Automatically generate and reconcile a forecast.
- Evaluate forecast accuracy.
Improving Forecast Accuracy
- What is an event?
- What is a moving calendar effect?
- Classify events in SAS Forecast Server and use events to improve forecast accuracy.
- Define calendar effects in SAS Forecast Server and use calendar effects to improve forecast accuracy.
Select your city:
- Charlotte, NC: June 3 – 6
- Irvine, CA: June 17 – 20
- Chicago, IL: Aug. 5 – 8
- Philadelphia, PA: Sept. 9 – 12
- Boston, MA: Sept. 23 – 26
- Austin, TX: Sept. 30 – Oct. 3
- Minneapolis, MN: Nov. 18 – 21
Please contact Buffie Silva
There is no fee to attend.