SAS events turn Vegas into epicenter of analytics this October
Executives, data scientists will gather at three events to explore impact of big data analytics
Bellagio in Las Vegas is famed for fountains that weave water, music and light, mesmerizing audiences as they see a flood of water in a new way. It’s fitting that at three overlapping events over four days this October, thousands of executives, analytical experts and data scientists will converge on Bellagio. They’ll explore how analytics can help their businesses manage a different flood – the flood of big data – and look at that data in a new light.
The Premier Business Leadership Series and Analytics 2015 – both presented by SAS, the leader in analytics – and the International Institute for Analytics (IIA)’s Chief Analytics Officer Summit will take place between Monday, Oct. 26, and Thursday, Oct. 29.
“Over four days at three events in Las Vegas this October, business and IT executives, data scientists and analytics experts will gather to share how analytics can transform big data into value, close the skills gap and help organizations thrive,” said SAS Executive VP and CMO Jim Davis.
Whether dealing with streaming data from sensors or huge amounts of data in Hadoop clusters and data lakes, analytics is just beneath the surface powering some of the biggest trends today, including:
- Energy companies and manufacturers exploring the promise of the Internet of Things.
- Banks and retailers protecting sensitive networks from cybersecurity threats while also fighting fraud.
- Marketers cutting through a landscape of clutter to reach and engage customers, understanding what these customers truly want.
- Health care providers improving patient care and outcomes though data-driven decisions.
- Organizations across industries finding enough data scientists and other trained analytics professionals to close the analytics-skills gap.
These topics and more will be discussed and explored at the trio of Vegas events:
Analytics 2015 (Oct. 26-27)
Analytics 2015 is a two-day conference for anyone serious about analytics. This annual event brings together more than a thousand professionals, industry experts and leading analytics researchers.
In the case of Analytics 2015, what happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas. Rather, through how-to tutorials, presentations, demos and networking, attendees return to their organizations brimming with practical, hands-on tips and techniques they can immediately put into practice.
Analytics 2015 keynote speakers include SAS CEO Jim Goodnight; UPS Senior Director of Process Management Jack Levis; NOVA ScienceNow host and Yahoo Tech Columnist David Pogue, and author of The Human Face of Big Data Rick Smolan.
Conference pricing varies, depending on when you register and the number of registrants from your organization. Big academic discounts are also available. Register today on the Analytics 2015 website.
Chief Analytics Officer Summit (Oct. 26-27)
Since 2012, the IIA has presented the Chief Analytics Officer Summit as a forum for business leaders seeking to make their organizations more competitive through the use of advanced analytics. The IIA is an independent research and advisory firm that works with organizations to build strong and competitive analytics programs.
The invitation-only CAO Summit is designed specifically for analytics leaders and decision makers – whether they hold the title of CAO or serve as their organization’s de facto analytics leader. Request an invitation on the Summit website.
The CAO Summit features keynotes from IIA faculty and analytics thought leaders, as well as one-on-one interviews and Q&A sessions with analytics leaders at top companies.
The Premier Business Leadership Series (Oct. 27-29)
The Premier Business Leadership Series will bring together hundreds of analytics experts, business and IT executives, data scientists and industry thought leaders to explore new technologies and share how tools like data visualization and Hadoop can help fight disease, manage risk, improve service and more.
Executives from Bridgestone, Brooks Brothers, Caesars, Dignity Health, Lowe’s, Orange County and SunTrust are among those leading breakout sessions.
Keynote and panel presenters include SAS CEO Jim Goodnight and:
- Riley Crane, MIT postdoctoral fellow researching hidden patterns behind collective social behavior, as seen on The Colbert Report.
- Amy Cuddy, Harvard Business School professor and TED sensation on body language.
- Soraya Darabi, digital entrepreneur and co-founder of Zady.com (“The Whole Foods of Fashion”).
- Marc Goodman, best-selling author and founder of the Future Crimes Institute.
- Charlene Li, founder and CEO of Altimeter Group and author of best-seller Open Leadership.
- Alan Mulally, retired President and CEO, Ford Motor Co.
The Series event is designed to address an executive-level audience and its specific challenges. Attendees must be director level or above. To join this select group, register on the Series website.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.