Webinar IFRS 9:
An Estimable Challenge
With the transition from IAS 39 to IFRS 9 fast approaching, Risk.net explores how the introduction of IFRS9 is set to fundamentally change the way banks manage their accounting, forcing them to make greater and earlier provisions against losses. Martim Rocha, Advisory Business Solutions Manager at SAS, joins an expert panel for this Risk.net webinar to provide insight and opinion on the business and technological challenges of this new regulation, including:
- How does the three-stage impairment process work?
- What methods for estimating credit losses will regulators expect?
- How should models for estimating credit losses be constructed and calibrated?
- What are the technological challenges the industry will face?
- How does IFRS 9 change the role of the risk function in relation to finance and accounting?
- What changes will be needed when it comes to governance and audit?
- What are the longer-term implications of IFRS 9?
Duration: 58 minutes
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.