Create an asset
Learn how to create an asset, such as an image, document, audio file and video file.
To create an asset:
- On the top navigation bar, click Upload.
- In the Standard Attributes section, enter this information:
- Enter a Name for the asset.
(Optional) Enter a Description for the asset.
- Click Browse to select the original file to upload. You can save the asset without uploading a file and add the file later.
- Click Browse to select the appropriate location of the asset. The folder that you are currently in is the default.
- Add or search for a tag in the Tags field. To add a tag, enter the text and click Add to list. Click View all tags to view all of the available tags. Applying a tag to an asset enables you to collect information about how that asset is used and how often.
(Optional) Click Date to select an expiration date for the asset.
- Enter a Name for the asset.
- In the Business Attributes section, enter this information:
- On the Direct Marketing tab, enter a Department Code (maximum of 999), Marketing Purpose, First Class Actual Cost, and any Additional Product Information. Click Reset to return the fields to their original settings.
- On the Mass Media tab, enter any Copyright Text and the Source. Select the Agent has speaking part check box to indicate that the agent is involved. Click Reset to return the fields to their original settings.
- On the Digital tab, enter a Thumbnail Caption, Thumbnail Description, and Hero Text Headline. Click Reset to return the fields to their original settings.
- Click Save. The asset is uploaded, and a preview and a thumbnail are created. Click Done.
Note: You can also manually add preview and thumbnail renditions (as well as other renditions) by clicking the Renditions tab before clicking Save.
Click Overflow to preview the asset, download the original, download a preview, open the asset, delete the asset, move the asset, copy the asset, or share the asset.
To work with several assets at the same time, click Select or click Select all, and then complete these actions:
- To download the selected assets, click Download and select Create ZIP. You can select the original, the preview, or the thumbnail. Enter a filename and click Create. The file appears at the bottom left of the screen, and is available on the Job Information page for a specified amount of time.
- To create an attributes file, click Download and select Create attributes file. This Microsoft Excel file contains the standard attributes (folder path, asset name, asset description, and expiration date) associated with the assets. Click Open to view or edit the attributes. You can then updateyour assets through the spreadsheet. The file appears at the bottom left of the screen, and is available on the Job Information page for a specified amount of time.
- To delete the selected assets, click Delete. Click Yes.
- To update attributes for the selected assets, click Edit. Edit as necessary and click Apply. You can choose to keep the description blank and clear the expiration date.
- To share the selected assets, click Share. Select the access level of the user that you want to share the assets with, copy the URLs, and then click Close. Provide the links to the user.
- To move the selected assets, click Overflow and select Move. Select the location and click OK.
- To copy an asset, click Overflow and select Copy. Enter a name, select the location, and then click OK. All attribute values, other metadata, and renditions are copied from the source asset to the new copy.