SAS® Global Forum kicks off in Dallas, streams live on Web, April 26-29
World's largest analytics conference draws record crowd of 4,500 data scientists, analytics experts and business executives
SAS Global Forum, the world’s largest analytics conference, takes place next week (April 26-29, 2015) in Dallas. Those who can’t attend can still enjoy select keynotes, sessions and interviews live on the Web.
A record crowd of more than 4,500 SAS users and analytics experts, business and IT executives, and data scientists will gather to explore new technologies and share new approaches to difficult business challenges.
SAS Global Forum serves many audiences through two simultaneous and connected events:
- The SAS Global Forum user conference at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
- The SAS Global Forum 2015 Executive Conference (for director-level and above) at the Omni Dallas Hotel.
The concurrent events let organizations send both business and technical professionals to learn and share through keynotes, interactive presentations and small-group discussions.
Livestreaming from SAS Global Forum
Sessions to be live-streamed at http://www.sasglobalforum.com/video include:
- Opening Session, featuring a review of the latest focus areas for SAS, the leader in analytics (per IDC). Sunday, April 26, 7:00-8:30pm (Central U.S. Time)
- Technology Connection, featuring SAS R&D leaders presenting a deeper overview of SAS technology and R&D direction. New York Times reporter Alan Schwarz, best known for his four-year series of articles exposing the seriousness of concussions among athletes of all ages, will keynote. Monday, April 27, 8:00-10:00am CT
- Joint keynote by Erik Qualman and Gen. Hugh Shelton, USA, Retired. Qualman is author of the global best-seller Socialnomics. Shelton served two terms as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and was chief architect of the military response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Monday, April 27, 8:30-9:30am CT
- Executive insights session: “A Modern Analytic Platform for Big Data” featuring SAS CEO Jim Goodnight, Hortonworks President Herb Cunitz, Cloudera Chief Strategy Officer Mike Olson, and SAS Executive VP and CMO Jim Davis. Monday, April 27, 9:30-10:30am CT
- Executive conference keynote by Jake Porway, former New York Times data scientist and founder of DataKind. Porway connects data scientists with non-profits that often lack the know-how or resources to benefit from data analysis. Monday, April 27, 2:00-3:00pm CT
- SAS Talks: TED-style brief conversations on hot topics including Analytics and Innovation, Big Data in Healthcare, the Internet of Things and STEM Skills. Monday, April 27, 3:00-4:00pm CT
- User conference keynote by Porway. Tuesday, April 28, 1:00-1:45pm CT
- Keynote by Jeff Ma, entrepreneur and member of the infamous MIT blackjack team that inspired the best-selling book “Bringing Down the House” and hit movie “21”. Wednesday, April 28 – 8:00-9:00am CT
- A series of Tech Talks, SAS Global Forum Live Reports and Inside SAS Global Forum updates.
User Conference: The Journey Is Yours
The larger user conference blends business and technology sessions to help data scientists, analytics experts and IT staff put analytics to work. Attendees representing hundreds of companies can, through flexible scheduling, navigate dozens of informative sessions to bring new knowledge and contacts back to their organizations, realizing the SAS Global Forum theme, “The Journey Is Yours.”
“Organizations today are wrestling with big challenges: pulling value from big data, finding employees with needed skills, fighting fraud and cyberattacks, and understanding what customers want,” said Jim Davis, SAS Executive VP and CMO. “SAS Global Forum’s record attendance in Dallas clearly signals that they’re looking to analytics and SAS for help.”
Attendees will hear from dozens of leading global organizations, including 3M, Accenture, Allianz, Bank of Montreal, Bell Canada, Best Buy, Capital One, Cardinal Health, CDC, CEMIG, CIBC, Comcast, Deloitte, DIRECTV Colombia, Discover, Educational Testing Service, Fannie Mae, FDIC, Ford, Highmark Health, HSN, Humana, Kaiser Permanente, PayPal, Quintiles, Sears, Statistics Sweden, TCS, Tractor Supply Co., TransUnion, TXU Energy, US Census Bureau, USAA, Verizon, Wells Fargo, ZapFi and more.
Executive Conference: Learn from leaders
The executive conference focuses on deriving business and bottom-line value from big data analytics. Leaders from the Auto Club Group, Advance America, Catalina Marketing, Cloudera, ConocoPhillips, Epsilon, Hortonworks, Intel, Macy’s, Merkle, MIT, Orlando Magic, Scotiabank, Stage Stores, Texas Dept. of Transportation, the United Nations, UnitedHealthcare, Univ. of North Carolina, Univ. of Connecticut, Vantiv and more will present.
Big D – Dallas and Big Data
What better place than Dallas – known as “Big D” – to talk about the other Big D, Big Data, and how analytics are extracting value from it? Analytics power some of the biggest trends in business and society today:
- Energy companies and manufacturers exploring the promise of the Internet of Things.
- Banks and retailers protecting sensitive networks from cyber threats.
- Marketers cutting through a cluttered landscape to reach and engage customers.
- IT and business professionals using tools like data visualization and Hadoop to manage and pull value from huge amounts of big data to fight disease, manage risks, improve service and more.
You can still register. Visit SAS Global Forum registration to sign up for the user conference. For the executive conference (director-level and above only), visit SAS Global Forum 2015 Executive Conference to register.
Follow via Social Media
Another way to engage with SAS Global Forum is through social media:
- Blogs: Read reports from sessions, view video updates and hear from SAS and customer experts on blogs.sas.com.
- Twitter: Follow @SASsoftware and #SASGF15 for the user conference and #SASEC15 for the executive conference.
- Facebook: Like SAS on Facebook to receive updates.
Diamond Sponsor for SAS Global Forum is Teradata. Emerald Sponsors are Cloudera, EMC and Intel. All sponsors will be represented in The Quad, formerly the SAS Support and Demo Area, at the user conference.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.