SAS Business Knowledge Series presents
Knowing the Unknowns
Unveiling Hidden Patterns through Analytical Visualization
Register for FREE now!
Over the last decade, countries around the world have been taking steps to implement and reinforce their own Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulatory approach, making sure they are equipped to protect their companies from incidents such as the recent Bangladesh heist. However, identifying threats is becoming more difficult each year. The world truly has changed and regulators are now pressing financial institutions to be more proactive and innovative in uncovering new and emerging fraud risks.
However, AML software solutions nowadays only excel in detecting known money laundering scenarios. But how about identifying and uncovering new threats? How can companies protect themselves against that as per the requirement of the regulators?
Progress toward meeting these requirements is being hindered by a number of challenges:
- Data is scattered across different systems, so there is no single source of truth readily available for data surfing and analysis.
- There is simply too much data to analyze using traditional AML tools.
- The process takes too much time and resources to get the job done. By the time anomalies indicating emerging risks are detected, damage has already been done.
- Risk managers typically rely on static spreadsheets and reporting, which are not designed to help people detect anomalies and quickly find “the needle in the haystack”.
- Given the volume of alerts being generated and low rates of effectiveness, firms are struggling to gain their ROI due to their traditional monitoring operating costs.
Ultimately, AML software solutions nowadays excel in detecting only known scenarios. But what about the unknowns?
We invite you to an exclusive session on March 16, 2017, and learn how you can beat these challenges. In this session, see how SAS Transaction Monitoring Optimization can help you gain new insights on money laundering behaviors and provide you with a sandbox to build and test scenarios on the fly, while complementing your existing AML solution.
|8:30 - 9:30am||Registration and Breakfast|
|9:30 - 11:00am||Business Session|
|11:00 - 11:30am||Q&A|
Date: March 16, 2017 (Thursday)
Time: 8:30 am to 11:30am
Venue: SAS Training Office – 9th Flr. BDO Equitable Tower, 8751 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City