1. The competition is open to all registered undergraduate students and faculty of SAS Academic Partners.
2. All candidates must fill-out and submit the Application and School Endorsement form signed by the Department Chair or equivalent. Deadline of submission is until June 15, 2016.
3. For the Student Division, there should be a maximum of three (3) Student Authors and one (1) Faculty Adviser. For the Faculty Division, there should only be one (1) Faculty Author.
4. An author can only submit one (1) entry. For example, if the author is part of a team, that is considered as one (1) entry.
5. All participating student and faculty authors must choose at least one (1) among the listed categories.
6. All entries must support the theme "Analytics: Paving the Way Towards Nation Building"
7. A 200-300 word abstract must be submitted on or before July 30, 2016. Please email the abstract to Ava Morales (Ava.Morales@sas.com) in Word file.
8. Entry must be original and not previously published and/or submitted.
9. The entry must use SAS technology for the research.
10. Each entry should be relevant to the chosen category, and shouldhave social relevance or contribute to nation building.
11. Announcement of Best Abstracts (10 from Student Division, 3 from Faculty Division) will be on August 26, 2016.
12. The three (3) Best Abstracts from the Faculty Division will be awarded a Php 50,000 research fund.
13. Best Abstracts will be invited for full paper submission. Deadline of submission for the final paper is on November 30, 2016.
14. All final papers will be initially presented between Dec. 12 to 16, 2016.
15. Top three (3) final papers from the Student Division will be selected and announced on December 21, 2016.
16. Finalist papers will be judged, based on written technical content and presentation effectiveness.
17. Judges will select, at their discretion, one (1) Outstanding Paper and two (2) Runner-Ups from each Division (Student and Faculty).
18. Final paper presentation of the Top 3 from the Student and Faculty Division will be on January 5, 2017.
19. Announcement of winners will be on Feb. 9, 2017 during the SAS Philippines Academic Analytics Conference.
20. The copyright of each entry (abstract and full paper) shall remain with the author however, by entering this competition, the author, whether selected as a finalist or not, acknowledges that he/she is granting SAS Institute (Philippines), Inc. the non-exclusive right to print, publish or use the entries for any legal purpose it may deem without need for payment of royalties.
21. Students or faculty members who are relatives of employees up to the 4th degree of affinity or consanguinity of SAS Institute (Philippines), Inc., including its affiliates, contractors and or subcontractors, are disqualified from joining this competition.
22. SAS reserves the right to cancel, alter or amend the competition and this rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
24. The decision of SAS as to the winner for this competition shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
25. Entry to this competition implies unqualified acceptance of all of these rules.
26. All Winners must be fit to travel and must declare any illness or present health condition before SAS will allow them to Travel. A notarized Medical Certificate is required.
27. Faculty winners should be employed in the University on the duration of the trip to the SAS Global Forum.
28. The winning school/university undertakes to be responsible for the conduct of their travelling employees, to be liable for the same employees for injury/ies or damage they may cause or may suffer in connection with this travel prize.
29. No Travel Extension will be allowed.
30. Visa Application shall be applied on personal expense & effort by the delegates.
31. Prizes for the winners are in kind and are not convertible to cash.
Important Note: All Finalists should have a passport valid for six (6) months prior to the trip to SAS Global Forum. SAS Global Forum will be held in Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort, Orlando Florida on April 2 to 5, 2017.