Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions cover topics that course delegates regularly enquire about. However, if you have any other questions that are not covered below, please contact us.
Which training course should I do?
Please watch this video for guidance on selecting the right first training course.
How long does it take to learn SAS?
That depends on which products you decide to learn. You can view online tutorials – there are nearly 200 tutorials and are suitable for people who are new to SAS – and then go to our learning paths to view the duration for that product.
How do I get started in SAS?
To get started in SAS for free we recommend you look at these online tutorials – there are nearly 200 and are suitable for people who are new to SAS, and then from there review the appropriate learning path to start your learning journey.
What sort of job can I get if I learn SAS?
We are unable to provide career advice as everybody's background, skills and future plans are different. You can get in touch with recruiters, review job boards or get involved in discussion forums like SANZOC on sascommunities.com or on LinkedIn.
How can I access SAS for free?
The SAS University edition provides free access to individuals using SAS for learning purposes, noncommercial use only.
What training formats do you offer?
Please look at our Training Formats.
What can I expect from SAS Live Web training?
Please look at our Live Web System Requirements page.
I want to get SAS Certified. Which Certification should I do?
Please look at our certification page.
How do I take a Certification exam?
All exams, except for the SAS Certified Predictive Modeler using SAS Enterprise Miner 13 Credential can be taken at either Pearson VUE or a SAS Office training facility. The SAS Certified Predictive Modeler using SAS Enterprise Miner 13 Credential must be taken at a SAS training facility.
To sit an exam at either location, you need to have a Pearson VUE web account and then must register to sit an exam. If you do not have a Pearson VUE web account, you must set this up at least three business days prior to your exam. Registrations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the start of the exam.
How to Set Up a Pearson VUE Web Account
Visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas, select Create Account and follow the steps. You must set this up at least three business days prior to registering for your exam.
How to Register to Sit a Certification Exam
To sit an exam at Pearson VUE (all exams excluding SAS Certified Predictive Modeler using SAS Enterprise Miner 13 Credential):
- Visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and Sign In with your Pearson VUE Web account.
- Select View Exams
- Select the Certification Exam you wish to take.
- You may be prompted to select an Exam Language, after which you will be able to select Schedule this Exam.
- Once you have confirmed your exam selection, select Proceed to Scheduling, where you will be able to select a Test Centre.
- After selecting your preferred Test Centre, select Next to choose a date and time for your exam. Once confirmed, follow the remaining steps for payment and confirmation.
To sit an exam at a SAS Office training facility (all exams including SAS Certified Predictive Modeler using SAS Enterprise Miner 13 Credential):
- Visit SAS Certification Exam Session to view the schedule for the upcoming exams.
- Select the Add to Cart icon for the exam you wish to sit
- Select Checkout and follow the remaining steps for payment and confirmation.
Please note: No registrations can be made at a test facility and registrations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the start of the exam. For all exams, you must have a Pearson VUE web account.