Like other industries, the telecom, media and technology (TMT) industry struggles with data silos and hundreds of data sources in multiple data formats. This is further complicated by the size of the data sets and, more recently, the complexity and prevalence of unstructured data sources.
The growing use of social networking, blogs, vlogs, group chats, text, photo and video postings makes unstructured data a critical problem, compounded by the need for TMT companies to act on the data in real time. Anything short of real-time action renders the data irrelevant and the business opportunity lost.
How Data Management From SAS Can Help
SAS provides a single, unified data management framework and automated processes – from data collection and aggregation to data validation and cleansing. Our public sector analytics software offers the most complete, sophisticated data management capabilities, including:
- Data quality and integration. Consolidate data from internal and external sources, track data lineage, and reduce errors and inconsistencies with embedded data quality tools.
- Data preparation. Prepare data for analytics and reporting in a self-service environment without coding or help from IT. Spend less time preparing data and more time analyzing it.
- Data governance. Spend less time managing data with a consistent set of policies and processes that ensures your data’s conformity with established policies and regulatory standards.
- Personal data protection. Satisfy personal data security requirements. Fully understand and monitor the state of your data. Work toward compliance with GDPR and other privacy regulations.
- Data federation and stewardship. Eliminate the complexities of data integration with a virtual data environment that simplifies administration and security while delivering a complete data picture in a user-friendly format.
Only SAS gives you a complete, integrated and trusted view of all your enterprise data. You can access the data you need when you need it, and eliminate overlapping, redundant tools and systems. SAS enables you to:
- Ensure that all internal and third-party data gets and stays clean – and that it’s managed in such a way that doesn’t create redundancies – with a built-in data profiler that finds and fixes data quality issues automatically.
- Abandon the piecemeal approach to data management with a single product set for data access, integration, quality, governance and master data management.
- Glean analytical insight from large volumes of unstructured data – from documents, emails, social media sources, etc.
- Customer Story Using Hadoop and SAS for network analytics to build a customer-centric telecom service OTE Cosmote analyzes vast amounts of data to enhance customer experience, service and loyalty
- White Paper Six Ways to Use Subscriber Data to Build a Stronger Business How analytics can transform masses of data into competitive differentiation
- White Paper Using Next-Generation Advanced Analytics to Harness Big Data
- E-Book Becoming a data-driven organization The what, why and how
Data Management Products & Solutions for Telecom, Media & Technology
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.
- SAS® Data PreparationQuickly prepare data for analytics in a self-service, point-and-click environment with data preparation from SAS.
- What is Data Quality from SAS?What is data quality? Data quality gives you a single interface to manage the entire data quality life cycle: profiling, standardising, matching and monitoring. SAS LU
- SAS® Data Loader for HadoopManage big data on your own terms – and avoid burdening IT – with self-service data integration and data quality.