The Business Analytics Centers of Excellence is a SAS Consulting® service for organizations that want to establish an enterprise business analytics center of excellence (BA CoE).
Increasingly, organizations realize the significant value of managing their information and applying analytics to turn information into a competitive and strategic asset to drive their business forward. Organizations are also realizing that there is more to information management and business analytics than simply implementing technology. With many competing priorities and perspectives, organizations are focusing on internal alignment to ensure efficiency and to maintain the right balance between tactical and strategic objectives. To achieve this level of organizational maturity, there is a need for a comprehensive and strategic approach to leverage technology as well as people, processes and organizational culture. An enterprise business analytics center of excellence can help your organization deal with these challenges.
How Does It Work?
The SAS Business Analytics Center of Excellence services factor in the unique characteristics and culture of your organization. The services framework uses SAS’ information maturity model to assess your organization’s business analytics capabilities and readiness, identify the optimal Business Analytics CoE structure and develop a road map to maximize your business value from investment in not only SAS® technology, but all Business Analytics technology you own.
SAS® Business Analytics Center of Excellence Service Overview
Learn how the SAS can help establish an enterprise business analytics center of excellence in your organization.
Realizing the full value of your SAS investment
Your organizational requirements will determine the role for your enterprise Business Analytics CoE which may include some of these functional areas:
- Business Analytics Program Management: Coordination of all information management and analytics efforts.
- Data Stewardship & Governance: Implementation and support for enterprise data governance effort.
- Internal Processes: Coordination and interaction between internal groups and functions.
- Technologies Support and standardization of enterprise technologies.
- Data Management: Coordination and support for enterprise data management.
- Information Delivery: Using information and analytics to support business requirements.
Overview of implementing a BI Competency Center
Business Analytics Centers of Excellence Benefits
The top benefits for establishing enterprise Business Analytics Centers of Excellence include:
- Internal alignment between business and IT
- More efficient use of resources
- Access to timely and accurate information
SAS market research titled "BI Maturity and Quest for Better Performance" indicates that organizations that have established a CoE actually improved their information management practices. The research also shows that effective information management practices and a sound BI strategy drive better organizational performance.
Make the Most of Your Analytical Talent
Tips for establishing an analytic center of excellence