SAS enriches Cloud Software and Services for UK public sector
Governments around the world are facing significant challenges as they strive to improve benefits and services for citizens while lowering costs. To help address this SAS, the leader in analytics, has enriched its G-Cloud Cloud Software and Service offerings to help the UK public sector deliver a smarter, more citizen-centric range of services.
Combating fraud and improper payments is an escalating problem, improving public safety and national security remains a high priority, while health care demands are skyrocketing along with health care costs.
Public sector organisations produce, collect and store an unprecedented amount of increasingly diverse data that could be used to help solve these problems. Traditional approaches to gathering insights from data are no longer adequate given the volume, velocity and variety of data that today’s governments must manage. It is becoming increasingly critical to find new ways to transform data into useful information to drive actions.
Through the availability of SAS Cloud Software and Services on G-Cloud 12, a range of solutions can be deployed rapidly to deliver fast results, whether it is driving proactive policymaking or delivering better social care for individuals. This is delivered in alignment with G-Cloud principles and at a much faster speed to market, providing pre-defined, pre-approved and ready-to-go offerings to meet public sector customer needs.
The focus is across the following areas:
- Uniting data scientists and IT/DevOps
- Discovering and sharing powerful insights that inspire action through analysis and data visualisation
- Putting advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) in the hands of the public sector
- Gaining customer insight, optimising interactions across channels and responding to changes in customer behaviour in real time
- Driving better decisions around organisational design, fulfilment and workforce retention
- Helping customers getting started with advanced analytics; solving infrastructure, implementation and resource problems
- Helping reach business goals and making the SAS investment work harder by taking a one team, unified, end-to-end approach
- Getting started on the right footing with flexible learning and development services
Steve Burgess, Digital and Analytics Lead, SAS UK, said: “As we continue to recognise both the risks and opportunities for our public sector customers, it is important they have the choice to acquire a range of advanced analytics capabilities and services in the simplest way possible; with the continued enrichment and breadth of SAS offerings available on G-Cloud, we continue to support our customers in meeting these challenges.”
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative software and services, SAS empowers and inspires customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® indicates USA registration. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright © 2020 SAS Institute Inc. All rights reserved.