Experience the power of Analytics + Hadoop, live from London
Exclusive invitation for business leaders and data scientists to discover new ways that analytics can improve collaboration and innovation
London will open its doors on 12 November for business leaders and data scientists to unlock their business potential through data analytics. The one-day event, SAS Live: Experience the Power of Analytics + Hadoop, will be presented by SAS, the global leader in analytics software and services. Key topics of discussion will include the latest in data analytics, the Internet of Things and a real time view of customers and operations.
Joined by Shop Direct, one of the UK's largest online retailers, and Hortonworks, the open-source software provider, executives and IT professionals will discover more about the power of analytics and Hadoop through a series of keynote presentations and interactive demonstrations.
Rachel Lockwood, Marketing Director, SAS UK & Ireland, said: "Advancements in modern technology mean it is now commercially and technically viable to use data and analytics in ways that were not possible before. Wherever your organisation happens to be on its analytics journey, you need to understand what challenges you need to overcome to best exploit the technology, get answers to current business questions and remain competitive. SAS Live will provide a great forum to address these challenges."
Thursday, 12 November, Intercontinental, Park Lane
- 9:00-9:15a.m. – Welcome
- 9:15-9:30a.m. – Internet of Things
- 9:30-10:00a.m. – Keynote by Jill Dyché, author of The New IT: How Technology Leaders Are Enabling Business Strategy in the Digital Age, on how mastering strategic collaboration will drive innovation
- 10:00-10:30a.m. – Customer story from Shop Direct on using personalisation techniques to improve customer experience and drive up financial performance
- 11:00-11:40a.m. – Working with modern analytics. Learn new techniques to enable discovery and prototyping, and deliver a versatile architecture that satisfy the business demand for robust and scalable performance
- 11:40a.m.-12:00p.m. – Hortonworks presents on the promise of big data and the value of disruptive technology to tap into the almost infinite volume and variety of data, and the power of the problem-solving mindset
- 12:00-12:20p.m. – Q&A panel to discuss innovation, collaboration, the problem-solving mindset and how and where to get started
- 12:20-12:45p.m. – Closing remarks on the opportunity and the challenge: from making analytics approachable to delivering decisions at scale
- 12:45-2:30p.m. – Interactive demonstrations
The SAS Live event will bring together hundreds of analytics experts, business and IT executives, data scientists and industry thought leaders to explore new technologies and share best practice.
To register for your complimentary ticket, please click here.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.