The digitization of health care data and the expectation among increasingly engaged patients for personalized and virtual care are introducing unprecedented opportunities to disrupt the way health care is delivered. Meanwhile, health care systems are overwhelmed by the flood of new, rich data sources – such as social determinants, genetic and imaging data, data from medical devices and wearables, and social media data. Health care organizations must adapt the way they use and share data to relieve pressure on health care systems and improve medical decision making to ensure greater patient satisfaction and better outcomes.
How AI Can Help
AI capabilities – such as machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and forecasting and optimization – can unleash the full potential of data to improve population health and solve some of the greatest health care challenges. This necessary evolution will enable health care organizations to:
- Improve patient outcomes. Empower physicians with more accurate diagnostics and targeted prevention capabilities.
- Control costs. Improve the operational performance of hospitals by optimizing staffing resources and taking action to reduce the number of hospital readmissions.
As the leader in advanced analytics, SAS has the experience and expertise to deliver cutting-edge AI capabilities at scale within health care organizations. By embedding AI capabilities in our software – from the powerful SAS Platform to solutions tailored to the needs of the health care industry – we provide more intelligent, automated solutions that help you unlock new possibilities and solve your most complex problems.
SAS is a long-time pioneer in machine learning and natural language processing, and a quality reference for hospitals and other health care organizations. From forecasting patient interactions with every aspect of health care delivery to enabling better, more personalized care and fully optimized resources, AI capabilities from SAS give you The Power to Know®.
- E-Book Powering Health Innovation with AI Global hackathon teams use AI to accelerate cancer breakthroughs, combat childhood obesity, prevent falls and more
- E-Book Making Sense of AI
- White Paper The Evolution of Analytics Opportunities and Challenges for Machine Learning in Business
- White Paper Artificial Intelligence for Executives Integrating AI Into Your Organization
- Using Machine Learning to Predict Stent Failure
- Article Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addiction
- Article Analytics leads to lifesaving cancer therapies How analytics, big data and cancer research work together to save lives
AI Solutions for Health Care
- SAS® Detection and Investigation for Health CarePrevent, detect and manage payment integrity issues from every angle.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningSolve your most complex problems faster with a single, integrated in-memory environment.
- SAS® OptimizationFind optimal solutions to complex business and planning problems faster than ever.